If you need effective call center software for your small business, this article is right for you.
Running a successful business is not just all about having a great product and reputation. You must also be consistent in providing excellent customer service.
The more your customer is satisfied, the more your business’ profitability and trustworthiness will grow.
Over ten years of running my business, I’ve invested in tons of call center software to help manage my customer support. And today, I will discuss 7+ of the most reliable software, including their pricing plans, benefits, drawbacks, and more.
- What Is The Best Call Center Software For Small Businesses?
- 1. Genesys Cloud CX – Top Pick
- 2. 3CX – Best Value For Money
- 3. LiveAgent – Most Features
- 4. Bitrix24 – Best For On-Premise Setup
- 5. GoToConnect – Flexible Cloud Phone System
- 6. 8X8 – Feature Robust Analytics
- 7. Zoho Desk – Best For Multi-Department Collaboration
- 8. Nextiva – Best For Creating Customer Journey
What Is The Best Call Center Software For Small Businesses?
If you’re in a hurry, you can check out my top 3 picks: Genesys Cloud X, 3CX, and LiveAgent.
|Best overall. Highly flexible and scalable calling platform. Starts at $75/month.||Best value for money. Features unified communication systems. Free version available.||Most features. Provides support for a wide range of languages. Starts at $15/month/agent.|
|Try Genesys Cloud X||Try 3CX||Try LiveAgent|
Let’s keep this review rolling and determine which call center software can help your support team do their best work.
1. Genesys Cloud CX – Top Pick
All-In-One Cloud-Based Call Center Software [$75/month]
Every contact center software for small business are built with excellent tools, so your support team can boost their productivity and help you with workforce management. At the same time, the customers get the quality support they deserve.
Genesys Cloud CX can indeed deliver all that with added flexibility and scalability.
This means that it can seamlessly integrate with your existing systems, and it will grow with the pace of your business. If your business is fast-growing, this software is recommended.
As standard, Genesys Cloud CX provides superior inbound and outbound call center solutions.
The inbound solution allows your customers to reach your business through voice calls and various digital channels. You have the option to connect all channels to your CRM system.
This is an excellent way to gather quality insights and metrics that can help you improve your customer experience.
If you want to collect more quality data for inbound optimization, you can use its speech analytics and mine recording features.
The outbound solution provides you with tools that help you engage with your customers on the digital channel they prefer.
All tools can easily access in the provided workspace. Here, you can create hyper-personalized and relevant campaigns and send them at the right time – aiding in improving customer relationships.
You can also automate notifications to ensure you won’t miss any important activities.
Other excellent features it includes are listed as follows:
- Voice services: SMS, international calls, toll-free support, and more
- Digital Solutions: Email, social media, chatbots, co-browse and screen share, and more
- A.I. functions: Predictive engagement, workforce engagement, agent assist, and more
- Unified communication and collaboration: download mobile app, host video meetings, and more
Pros And Cons Of Genesys Cloud CX
|User-friendly interface||Employee performance & engagement are available only at the highest plan.|
|The dashboard shows real-time data & can easily pull out historical reporting.||Responsiveness of customer support through the phone depends on the country you’re calling (may encounter an unfriendly or unresponsive support rep).|
|Provide simple click-to-install integrations|
Genesys Cloud CX Pricing Plan
Genesys Cloud CX is offered in five subscription plans. Three of them are designed with pay-per-logged-in user and hourly rates, while the two are quotation-based subscription plans.
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 ($75/mo. | $0.68/hour): Support inbound and outbound voice features
- Genesys Cloud CX 2 ($110/mo. | $0.99/hour): CX1 features with unlimited email and chat support is provided.
- Genesys Cloud CX 3 ($140/mo. | $1.26/hour): Provide CX1 and CX2 features with SMS and messaging app routing.
- Genesys Choice (Custom Pricing): This is an ideal plan to get enterprise-level support and advanced features.
- Genesys DX™ (Custom Pricing): Provide you options on whether to use live agent support or AI-powered bots.
Talk to a sales representative and find out which options best match your business needs.
2. 3CX – Best Value For Money
Small Business Phone System With Integrated Call Center Solutions [Free | $145 a year]
Mostly every business today shifted to a remote work set-up. If your business does the same, 3CX is the business phone system you can trust.
It provides you with a unified communication system that helps you connect with your employees and customers.
No matter where your employees work, you can communicate with them through chat, voice calls, video, and web conferences. You can even see their availability in the Status section.
The best part of this, your employees don’t need to install expensive devices.
All they need is a reliable smartphone and download the 3CX mobile app (iOS and Android). Through the app, your employees can do the following tasks:
- Transfer chat messages and calls with colleagues
- Transfer customers to the right specialist/department
- Host a video call
- Respond to customer queries (live chat, Facebook & SMS)
You can use SIP forking, so your employee can simultaneously use the app and desk phone.
3CX also has a predictive dialing feature that can automatically make outbound calls to external numbers.
Integrate your favorite CRM tool is recommended to input all customer information and call details quickly.
3CX ensures all customer inquiries/concerns are redirected to the right department. Another smart method they provide is the Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
This works as your digital receptionist, where it answers phone calls and provides the callers with several options.
You can create one by going to your 3CX Management Console, selecting Digital Receptionists then clicking add. The key to success is to specify the right name and extension.
Aside from the management console, you’re also provided a work panel.
This is part of the integrated call center solution of 3CX. Inside the panel, you can monitor all call queues.
You can also perform the following tasks:
- Record calls for quality monitoring and legal purposes
- Train newly-hired agents during a live call
- Include a Barge in feature whenever someone has to take over the call
- Monitor support ticket responses
- Generate and check service level reports
Pros And Cons Of 3CX
|Flexible deployment options are available: hosted, on-premise, & private cloud||The support ticket is available for a fee ($75 for all plans).|
|Include a full-featured PABX system (can connect via the internet)||Limited APIs & integrations|
|Best to use for remote working|
3CX Pricing Plan
3CX is offered in three annual subscription plans where the first year is 100% free. By default, the plans’ price rates are set for 12 users and allow four simultaneous calls.
- Standard: First and second-year subscriptions are free of charge.
- Pro: $145/year
- Enterprise: $180/year
If you set the number of users to 13 and above, you will get charged an additional fee per user. Visit their pricing page now and learn more about the features included per subscription plan.
3. LiveAgent – Most Features
Best Call Center Software For Live Chat & Help Desk Teams [Free | $15 a month/agent]
Equipping your agents with the right tools can help increase their productivity and provide top-notch support to your customers. That’s exactly what LiveAgent Call Center software is all about, with the addition of ease in setup.
You can set up everything in a few minutes and let your agents choose what device to use in handling and managing call volume.
Currently, there are four devices it supported:
- Latest versions of web browsers (use PC’s built-in microphone)
- Mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Hardware phones (all brands are supported)
- Software phones
The latter option is ideal to use if you want your agents to make Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls.
You can also personalize your customer’s experiences by choosing the language they prefer. There are 43 localized languages supported on the platform. This greatly helps your reach and business communications.
Just like any other call center software for small businesses, LiveAgent provides the following functionalities:
- Inbound and outbound calling
- Automatic call distribution (ACD)
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Native and external CRM integrations
- Call transfers
So, what makes it stand out against its competitors?
There are plenty, and one of the most notable is its unlimited call recordings. Each call recording is provided with a unique ticket ID, so you can search and access it quickly.
All recordings are also automatically saved and stored in your account.
Another feature worth mentioning is its universal inbox.
Here, you can organize all messages from multiple accounts and automatically assign each to the right agent. You can also perform any of the following tasks:
- Create trigger- and time-based automation rules
- Add tags, notes, and reminders
- Internal chat capability
- Provide agents a real-time preview of the customer’s message even before they hit send
Are you switching help desk software?
There’s no need to get a data migration tool because LiveAgent offers a pre-built plugin that can do the job right. You also have the option to ask for assistance from their technical support specialists.
Pros And Cons Of LiveAgent
|Provide tons of customization options||Reporting features need improvements.|
|Compatible with all softphone providers||No automatic translation of customer messages|
|Can gather customer messages from various communication channels||No available LinkedIn & WhatsApp integration|
LiveAgent Pricing Plan
All LiveAgent’s subscription plans’ prices are based on the features included and the number of agents:
- Free: Get started with a limited plan that provides 7-day ticket history, one chat button, add one phone number, connect to 1 email address, and more.
- Ticket ($15/mo./agent): Get unlimited ticket history, add unlimited email addresses, access to advanced reporting, and more.
- Ticket+Chat ($29/mo./agent): Get its powerful live chat and ticketing solution with unlimited chat buttons to add, access to feedback management, and more.
- All-inclusive ($39/mo./agent): Get full access to its 180+ features.
All paid subscription plans include a 14-day free trial, so you can freely test every feature it offers.
4. Bitrix24 – Best For On-Premise Setup
Project Management & Collaboration Software With Outstanding Call Center Solutions [Free | $39 a month]
Bitrix24 is another call center software solution for small businesses that can help you get started in a matter of minutes.
No deployment requires. All you need is a stable internet connection (128 Kbps and higher) and the latest versions of the following browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Don’t forget a headset or a SIP phone (which must be configured) to start providing professional voice support.
Since Bitrix24 is initially designed as a project management and collaboration platform, you can expect to get all its quality features.
Here are a few features you can use:
- Online meeting tools (live feed, chats, phone calls, and more)
- Task and project management dashboard
- Create price quotes and invoices
- Document management, storage, and integrations
- Create email marketing campaigns (include editable HTML email templates)
When it comes to call center solutions, it includes all the features you need to start – from inbound phone calls to providing IVR.
It’s also fully integrated with your chosen CRM system to ensure all leads, calls, and client information are automatically added and recorded.
Bitrix24 allows you to rent toll-free (U.S. only) and local phone numbers. This is to ensure your agents will make and receive the right call 24/7.
Pros And Cons Of Bitrix24
|Easy to organize schedules and projects||Outbound phone calls come with an additional price of $0.01/minute|
|Built-in CRM, so no need to purchase additional software||Limited to 10 inboxes (a single user can connect)|
|Compatible with all devices and major web browsers|
Bitrix24 Pricing Plan
Bitrix24 Call Center software for small businesses is available in four subscription plans. All are payable in a 1-month, 3-month, 1-year, or 2-year billing cycle.
As standard, all prices displayed on the pricing page are set in a 1-year billing cycle:
- Free: Support unlimited users with 5 Gb online storage space provided.
- Basic ($39/mo.): Start with 5 users, 24 GB online storage space, telephony features, and more.
- Standard ($79/mo.): Support up to 50 users and get 100 GB of online storage space. You can also get all CRM marketing features (except access permission).
- Professional ($159/mo.): Get access to all Bitrix24 Call Center software features and 1,024 GB online storage space.
Bitrix24 also offers on-premise pricing plans where its prices are designed per number of users. Visit its pricing page and get to know how you can sign up for its 30-day free trial version.
5. GoToConnect – Flexible Cloud Phone System
Cloud-Based Phone System & Virtual Meeting Platform With Scalable Call Center Software [$24 a month/user]
If you’re looking for another flexible call center software that can support your startup as it grows, GoToConnect is worth investing in.
All its offered services are 100% hosted in the cloud, so you don’t need to pay extra for the setup. You don’t even need IT professionals for the deployment because you can easily do it yourself.
The platform they provide is called cloud PBX.
Inside the platform, you’ll find a visual Dial Plan editor where you can create and manage the calling workflow you prefer. You can also create a workflow for call-routing schedules.
The editor boasts a drag-and-drop interface for quick addition and changing of nodes (standard and utility).
After completing the setup, you and your call center agents can access it from anywhere – web and mobile. You can also start viewing the daily insights of how the agents communicate and collaborate inside the platform.
All insights are collated in a report and can easily be accessed on your dashboard.
The best part of GoToConnect is it can support up to thousands of handsets. This saves you money and effort because you don’t need to switch once your business grows.
When it comes to call center software features, here are a few of what you can expect:
- Flexible cloud phone system: Local, toll-free, and vanity numbers available
- Built-in meetings and messaging: Team messaging, audio conferencing, video meetings (allows simultaneous use of webcams), and more
- Customizable cloud contact center: Inbound and outbound call monitoring, call analytics, supervisor dashboard, and more.
Pros And Cons Of GoToConnect
|Compatible with over 180 desk phone models||The user interface of the mobile app needs improvement (not easy to navigate).|
|Free international calls with 52 countries||No automatic syncing of contacts|
|Provide a single dashboard that displays live status, real-time queue reports, and more.|
GoToConnect Pricing Plan
GoToConnect Call Center Software for small businesses is offered in three per-user subscription plans:
- Basic ($24/mo./user): Provide limited access to its cloud phone system and basic meeting and messaging features.
- Standard ($29/mo./user): Get access to all its cloud phone system, meeting, and messaging features.
- Premium ($39/mo./user): All Standard features with additional access to its customizable contact center features.
Contact a sales specialist now and get to know more about what you will get per subscription plan.
6. 8X8 – Feature Robust Analytics
Call Center Software With Powerful Communication Systems Integrated [$87 a month/user]
8×8 call center software is a feature-rich platform that offers excellent features and tools for incoming calls and outbound calls. It’s cloud-based as well, so agents can set it up anywhere and on any device.
The standard tool they get is the Agent Console.
This serves as the agent’s main workspace where they organize and handle customer interactions across all channels.
The best part of the Agent console is it’s a permission-based application. Therefore, you (administrator) have full control over what the agent could access and whatnot.
As of writing, this application supports 4 localized languages (English, European, French, and German).
Another application the agent can use is the predictive dialer. This is a fully integrated outbound dialing system that simplifies the campaign list and enables faster handling – perfect for efficient sales teams.
You can create, edit, and manage outbound campaigns on its dashboard.
To further promote proactive communications, the predictive dialer includes the following features:
- Integrated carrier call blocking (U.S. only)
- Patented Answering Machine Detection (AMD)
- Active real-time list management
The strongest suit of 8×8 call center software so far is its analytics tools.
Customer experience analytics is first on the list. It works by uncovering trends and patterns based on customer interactions.
From there, it will provide a visual presentation of the customer journey and find out the source of dissatisfaction.
As a standard protocol in a call center company, Quality Assurance Specialist will check random calls to identify areas to improve. With 8×8 Speech Analytics, you can eliminate this process.
This feature will analyze all the calls, provide constructive feedback, and even spot opportunities (sell and new product ideas). All actionable insights identified can also be used for training purposes.
If you want to provide a great first impression to your customers, you can take advantage of IVR Analytics.
Using a graphical drag-and-drop interaction designer, you can build your very own IVR journey maps. Successfully implementing it will guarantee the following:
- Route calls to the right specialist/department
- Capture insights that can enhance your self-service options
- Minimize wait time
Pros And Cons Of 8X8
|Easy creation and management of support tickets||Subscription plan’s cost can get pricier for larger teams|
|Support representatives are helpful and resolve issues reasonably quick||Connection-related issues may arise at times.|
|Support 10 languages for chat translation|
8X8 Pricing Plan
The Voice plan is the recommended choice to get access to 8×8 Call Center features. Its price starts at $87/mo./user.
If your business needs more, you can choose between these two subscription plans:
- Omnichannel ($107/mo./user): On top of the Voice features, you’re also provided with all features that can help you manage all digital interactions.
- Advanced ($146/mo./user): Provide you with all features and tools that 8×8 offers with exclusive access to its advanced features (auto-dialing, analytics, and more).
All 8×8 subscription plans are available as a standalone product. But you can also purchase them as part of an all-in-one communication suite.
7. Zoho Desk – Best For Multi-Department Collaboration
Cloud-Based Call Center Software With Context-Aware Help Desk Solution [Free | $14 a month/agent]
Two of the most common customer complaints are the support representatives failing to provide relevant solutions to their problems and the long waiting time.
Zoho Corporation resolved these problems by developing a context-aware help desk software called Zoho Desk. Its primary objective is to combine context and information into the call.
This specific design is mainly reflected in the ticket management platform.
They deliver it by equipping the platform with an intuitive interface and powerful tools:
- Work modes: Organize the support tickets and move each to their respective columns – status, handshake, countdown, and priority.
- Response editor: This feature contains all relevant information about the customers, which helps agents understand their needs more. It also includes an auto-response function to tailor a better response.
- Ticket status dashboard: If you’re an administrator, this feature helps monitor all the status of the support tickets. The insights are shown in real-time, so you can immediately identify customer happiness ratings and address negative feedback.
Zoho Desk also included an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) feature.
This feature can guarantee that all customers’ complaints will go directly to the right support agent or department.
Aside from ticket management, Zoho also includes a contextual AI-powered assistant called Zia. Its primary duty is to help agents and customers to find the right solution quickly.
It provides a dashboard, so agents can manage and track all the statistics Zia brings – from sentiment analysis to adding trending ticket tags.
Pros And Cons Of Zoho Desk
|Full refund provided for the first month (terms & conditions apply)||Scheduling of automated actions is only available at the Enterprise plan (max of 10 per department)|
|Support 22 languages||Full access to time tracking tools is only offered at the two highest subscription plans.|
|Special pricing rates are provided for non-profit & educational institutions.||Provided 24/5 support via chat, email, & phone depends on your subscription plan.|
Zoho Desk Pricing Plan
Compared to all the platforms included in this list, Zoho Desk is the most affordable Call Center software available for small businesses. It starts with a free plan that can support up to 3 agents.
On the other hand, the three subscription plans include a free 15-day trial version.
- Standard ($14/mo./agent): A few features you can get are social and community channels, product-based ticket management, and work modes for tickets.
- Professional ($23/mo./agent): Get access to its team management, telephony, round Robin ticket assignment, and more.
- Enterprise ($40/mo./agent): You can add up to 50 light agents, live chat, ZIA (Artificial Intelligence), and other custom functions.
If you have 100 agents and more, you can contact a sales representative and request a quote.
8. Nextiva – Best For Creating Customer Journey
Versatile Inbound Call Center Software [$50 a month/user]
If your business’s primary goal is to boost customer loyalty, then Nextiva inbound call center software is the best choice.
Its system is engineered with excellent features that can help you streamline all your inbound interactions. Here are a few of the features you can use:
- Intelligent routing: Set up this feature properly to instantly direct calls to the right phone support.
- Configure call center thresholds: Its primary task is to monitor the overall health of the business. If it detects a high volume of calls within the queue, it will alert the management.
- Call analytics: Provide quality insights that can help you make better decisions.
- Customizable call flow builder: This allows you to build your own call flow to increase efficiency and minimize customers from getting on hold.
If you have no idea how to design a call flow, Nextiva’s team can guide you. They usually offer you this assistance right after you sign up for an account.
Integration of CRM software is standard for call center software. Nextiva can save you time and is cost-effective because its platform includes a built-in CRM.
This feature helps agents view relevant customer information for better scripting and customer calls.
Once the phone rings, a screen pop will appear on the agent’s screen and display all the caller’s information to help with customer engagement. A few pieces of information they can see are the account number, help desk ticket, and more.
Pros And Cons Of Nextiva
|Ability to design a call flow that matches your business needs||The user interface in mobile isn’t as user-friendly as with the web.|
|Compatible with all major web browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, & Safari)||Call Center Wizard only supports the English language.|
|No included setup or activation fee|
Nextiva Pricing Plan
Nextiva Inbound Call Center software for small businesses is offered in two subscription plans:
- Professional ($50/mo./user): The most popular plan to get queue management features and more.
- Enterprise ($100/mo./user): Provide quality customer service without limitations. Here, expect to get unlimited call queues, intelligent call distribution, and more.
No matter what plan you choose, you can get full access to it for free by simply registering on its 7-day trial version.
Big or small, providing excellent customer service is a top priority for all businesses. So, always make sure to pick the best call center software that can support your business’s specific needs.
If I have to choose between the 7+ software on the list, I’ll go with LiveAgent.
Its feature-rich software includes advanced tools (ACD, call back, IVR, etc.) and a VoIP phone system. Together, your agents can provide personalized customer service through voice calls and across all digital channels.
It’s also compatible with all softphone providers and integrates well on any device.
I hope I’ve helped you make a smart purchasing decision. If you have tips and recommendations to share, please feel free to leave them in the comment section.