Businesses spend a fortune on advertisements and influencer marketing just to bring their product or service into the limelight. But they forget that some of the greatest brand advocates are their own staff. And with a powerful employee advocacy tool, the workforce can help a brand reach the next level.
However, I understand that finding a perfect advocacy software is challenging when the market is full of options since some promise high results but are good for nothing.
I have tested some of the leading employee advocacy software. It helped me learn different things about these tools in terms of their attributes and benefits and has put me in a great position to share an honest opinion about them.
So if you want to know about the best employee advocacy solutions, especially in terms of features, pros and cons, and pricing, then I am sure this article will be of great help. By the time you finish reading it, you can select a reliable tool that will help you and your team in creating and sharing company-approved content on multiple social platforms.
- What Is The Best Employee Advocacy Tool?
- 1. Sociabble – Top Pick
- 2. EveryoneSocial – Result-Driven Brand Visibility
- 3. Oktopost – Most Powerful Social Compliance
- 4. Bambu By Sprout Social – Most Comprehensive Analytics
- 5. Ambassify – Most Result-Oriented Tool
- 6. PostBeyond – Most Frictionless Sharing
- 7. Hootsuite Amplify – Safe Content Distribution
- 8. Haiilo – Most Measurable Business Impact
What Is The Best Employee Advocacy Tool?
Here’s a glimpse of my three best employee advocacy tools: Sociabble, EveryoneSocial, and Oktopost.
|Top Pick. User-friendly and best for fast content distribution. Pricing is available on-demand.||Built for scale with robust integration. Free to use.||Most compliant tool with greater outreach and on-the-go-sharing. Pricing is available on-demand.|
|Try Sociabble||Try EveryoneSocial||Try Oktopost|
To know how these 8 employee advocacy tools can help your business, I suggest you go through the rest of the article.
1. Sociabble – Top Pick
Best Employee Advocacy Tool With Peer-To-Peer Communication [Free Demo | Custom Pricing]
Established in 2014, Sociabble is a renowned platform offering solutions for employee advocacy, employee engagement, and internal communication. The first thing I liked about Sociabble’s employee advocacy tool is its ability to make each employee feel like a brand ambassador on social media.
The tool allows your employee to share brand-relevant content on their social accounts. This magic happens through one of the platform’s features as it collects user-generated and official company content into a curated feed of pertinent material.
By giving your employees access to your company’s internal, external and social media content, Sociabble allows your staff to share new achievements, activities, and all the attractive information within their social circle. And rather than engaging in direct promotion or selling, this all appears to be done through storytelling.
This methodology boosts your brand’s visibility by driving the audience to the shared content and even aids in increased website traffic. The platform also aggregates and amplifies your reach by organizing your digital assets, including RSS feeds and social media accounts.
It also has gamification and personalization elements permitting you to create polls, badges, quizzes, challenges, and campaigns to reward and honor your employee advocate community.
Some more features that I think make the Sociabble employee advocacy tool best for business are:
- Lead generation and retargeting
- Curation from listening tools and third-party sources
- Custom and automatic newsletters, push mobile notifications, and call-to-actions
Pros And Cons Of Sociabble
|Is very easy to use with a user-friendly layout||Can’t track engagement for a particular week or month|
|Has great customer support|
|Offers fast content sharing between multiple entities and countries|
|Offers impressive translation of shared publications|
|Has free demo available|
Sociabble Pricing Plan
Sociabble employee advocacy tool comes with customizable pricing plans. You can get a quote for the price after booking a demo.
2. EveryoneSocial – Result-Driven Brand Visibility
Most Ideal Employee Advocacy Tool For All Social Networks [Free]
While I admire EveryoneSocial for many things, the essential one is the concept of making employees your first influencers. At the core, this tool makes content marketing easy by empowering your employees to make and share content on social platforms authentically.
EveryoneSocial helps you with content curation and approval and review process and lets you share it on almost every social platform including:
You can also integrate this employee advocacy program with various applications and business systems, such as Salesforce, Slack, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
But that’s not all….EveryoneSocial offers many valuable features that include:
- Visual leaderboard
- Performance metrics
- Pre-approved content library
Pros And Cons Of EveryoneSocial
|Has an easy-to-use interface||Some may experience lagging during signing-in or downloading files|
|Offers accurate progress tracking|
|You can pin the most important content to help employees focus on it first|
|Has the option of scheduling content for posting it later|
|Comes with an easy file-sharing option|
EveryoneSocial Pricing Plan
EveryoneSocial offers three plans:
- Starter (Free): You can use EveryoneSocial for free for a lifetime by simply signing up for the platform.
- Teams ($24/month): It’s a monthly-based subscription with a two-week free trial. While it offers all the features in the “Starter” plan, you also get access to ROI data and account analytics.
- Enterprise (Custom Pricing): This plan targets big businesses with multiple departments and a huge workforce. It comes with all features available in the “Teams” plan with an addition of SCIM and SSO provision, training, 24/7 fast customer support, and more.
Unless you’re a multinational corporation with thousands of employees, I recommend choosing the Teams pricing model. It has all the vital features you need to scale your business.
3. Oktopost – Most Powerful Social Compliance
Perfect Employee Advocacy Tool For B2B Organizations [Free Demo | Custom Pricing]
If you are a B2B business then the Oktopost employee advocacy solution is a great option for you. This software smoothens social media management and streamlines employee engagement activities to ensure higher advocacy.
With this tool’s help, you can immediately provide your workforce with on-brand and pre-approved social content. I’ve also experienced that it works great when it comes to exposing your teammates to the most relevant content through filters and topic segmentation.
Moreover, from reach and lead generation to conversions, the Oktopost advocacy tool allows you to measure each employee’s contribution to your social media marketing objectives.
You can use this platform to see which of your employees share business-relevant content on their social accounts. And you can also determine who has the strongest network in terms of reach and conversions so you can assign them more content.
But that is not the end of the road. You can also connect Oktopost with your CRM and marketing automation platforms for high lead nurturing and scoring. In the same way, this advocacy solution holds many other useful features, like:
- Content customization
- Fast content sharing through desktop and mobile apps
- Post-sharing analytics, including clicks, retweets, and impressions
Nevertheless, what amazes me the most is its social compliance attribute. You can ban offensive and inappropriate keywords to prevent your employee advocacy from getting misused. At the same time, this platform also enables your employees to suggest content ideas related to your business.
Pros And Cons Of Oktopost
|Is user-friendly and easy-to-navigate platform||Despite simple navigation, you still need time to learn the entire system|
|Allows you to manage multiple social media accounts at one time|
|Has a very helpful customer support|
|Offers live product demonstration|
Oktopost Pricing Plan
The company follows on-demand pricing. You can book a demo to experience this platform and discuss your goals to get a correct quote.
4. Bambu By Sprout Social – Most Comprehensive Analytics
Best Employee Advocacy Tool For Goal Alignment & Customized Experience [Free Trial | $89/User/Month]
Bambu by Sprout Social allows your staff to organize, curate, and distribute the company’s content on their personal Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts with one click of a button.
There are three use cases of this tool essentially in marketing, sales, and HR departments.
- In Marketing, the platforms increase brand awareness among employees’ SM accounts.
- For Sales teams, Bambu permits them to share industry and brand content to their networks.
- In HR, the tool promotes employee engagement by allowing your staff to read, post, comment, and share content related to company policies and the work environment.
Each employee can choose and follow the topic of their interest so they can share it with their social circle. Moreover, to ensure that nothing is posted or shared against the business, this employee advocacy platform comes with text suggestions approved by the management.
There is also a metrics overview option in this tool. Likewise, the content breakdown feature in Bambu gives you details about the ROI of your overall content creation and sharing strategy.
A few more features that I have found good in this advocacy platform are:
- Continuous messaging
- Social selling and recruitment
- Quick exposure to approved content
Pros And Cons Of Bambu by Sprout Social
|Has an easy-to-learn interface||Some may find editing shared content through mobile applications difficult|
|Comes with an attractive layout design and colors|
|Offers weekly content scheduling|
|Available on iOS and Android smartphones|
|Offers 30-day free trial with each plan|
Bambu By Sprout Social Pricing Plan
There are three pricing plans for Bambu:
- Standard ($89/user/month): The standard plan is billed annually. It includes essential tools, including 5 social profiles and a content calendar.
- Professional ($149/user/month): It offers everything you get in the standard plan but with an addition of 10 social profiles and competitive reports.
- Advanced ($249/user/month): Choosing this plan gives you access to complete features, including chatbots, automation tools, link tracking, and a content library.
It would be best to go with the Professional plan instead of opting for the Advanced subscription because of the cost factor and value-to-money quotient.
5. Ambassify – Most Result-Oriented Tool
Best Employee Advocacy Tool For Optimized Marketing Spending [Free Demo | $800/month]
Ambassify is another great software for implementing advocacy for your business. The tool offers fast sharing of your curated content by employees. One of its key features is a dedicated plugging for tagging people and organizations to give users a sense of ownership.
Ambassify is an extremely useful platform to streamline your content creation by engaging your employees on a variety of campaigns. The tool also works miraculously to amplify your recruitment process, marketing strategy, and sales.
In fact, an intention-based campaign wizard feature takes your employees to the content based on their interaction history. At the same time, this trait makes the campaign editing process simple. Another time-saving attribute of this platform is its pre-defined copy and visual alternatives to help you create attractive descriptions.
Some of its other features include:
- Statistics through polling and voting
- Automated social media accounts verification
- Manual content distribution at a chosen time and date
- Direct video sharing to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
Pros And Cons Of Bambu by Sprout Social
|Has a user-friendly platform||Has a slow notifications refresh rate|
|Offers polling and voting statistics|
|Ensures smooth internal communication|
Ambassify Pricing Plan
Ambassify offers monthly-based pricing plans.
- Essential ($800/month): This plan includes all standard features like 3 sources for third-party content import, video sharing, post scheduling, and image and copy variations. Moreover, it supports up to 200 users.
- Premium ($1200/month): You can enjoy all the Essential plan’s features plus access to campaign builder, 5 third-party content resources, email and mobile notifications, and more. It is good for up to 300 users.
- Enterprise (Custom Pricing): It’s tailored for big companies with Essential and Premium plan features. You get 10+ third-party sources to download content, text notification, security audits, performance reporting, and more. The plan gives access to 400 users (maximum).
With the host of features Essential plan offers, it is recommended for most SMBs.
6. PostBeyond – Most Frictionless Sharing
Employee Advocacy Tool Ideal For Consistent Brand Communication [Free Demo | Custom Pricing]
PostBeyond is another worthy contender in my list of top employee advocacy tools. It provides an in-depth review of the shared content by your team members and provides you with essential data and information about user interaction and engagement of each post.
But one of the unique features this tool has to offer is content expiration. You can set the beginning and ending dates of all the content you share with your employees so they know which post, blog, or company news needs quick attention. Likewise, this feature automatically deletes outdated content to avoid confusion.
It uses a centralized content approach to manage everything from a single library. All your employees can build their own content library and subscribe to a broad range of topics. On the contrary, admins or management can also refer specific topics to their staff through its internal communication feature so they can share them on different social networks.
Unlike other advocacy tools, PostBeyond allows your employees to read the content within the platform and without visiting other websites. You can enjoy more features of this advocacy tool, such as:
- Group segmentation
- Hashtag suggestions
- Real-time compliance
- User groups based on hierarchy
- Open API for customized integration with CRM and social networks
PostBeyond also allows gamification to enhance employee engagement by creating friendly competition through team leaderboards. All the participants can earn rewards and get a high position on the leaderboard based on post shares and engagement.
Pros And Cons Of PostBeyond
|Has a very responsive customer service||You cannot retrieve the deleted post|
|Ideal for building a professional online presence|
|Supports multiple languages|
PostBeyond Pricing Plan
PostBeyond offers custom pricing and you can get a tailor-made quote after booking the free demo.
7. Hootsuite Amplify – Safe Content Distribution
Employee Advocacy Tool With Most Intuitive Mobile-First Environment [Free Trial | $49/month]
Hootsuite Amplify is 7th on my list of recommended employee advocacy tools to help your employees share company content safety to extend social reach. It’s one of the best mobile-centric advocacy solutions enabling your employees to use it on the go and build a solid professional image across several social media platforms.
And in case you run out of topics, the good news is Amplify offers highly engaging content ideas through machine learning. Some more features related to Hootsuite Amplify are:
- KPI tracking
- Social ROI toolkit
- Push notifications
- Simple administration and reporting
This tool also promotes swift employee communication through a built-in messaging feature. And most importantly, it enables your employees to share pre-approved content on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok, ensuring strategic goal alignment.
Pros And Cons Of Hootsuite Amplify
|Have intuitive and clean mobile-friendly application||Lack of customizable gamification options|
|Has a fresh, modern, and fast user interface|
|Equipped with powerful permission management|
Hootsuite Amplify Pricing Plan
Hootsuite Amplify offers a 30-day free trial on four different plans starting from:
- Professional ($49/month): It is only for a single user with the integration of 10 social accounts.
- Team ($179/month): This plan only allows 3 users with 20 social accounts integration. Your team can enjoy all the Professional plan features, including access to roles and permissions and post assignments to each member.
- Business ($739/month): With a maximum of 5 users and access to 35 social accounts, the business plan is a combination of Professional and Team features.
- Enterprise (Custom Pricing): By choosing the custom plan, you get the advanced options with 50+ social account integration.
Unless you are big digital, it is better to go with the Team plan for its clear framework and better ROI.
8. Haiilo – Most Measurable Business Impact
Best Employee Advocacy Tool For Data-Driven Decisions [Free Demo | Custom Pricing]
Haiilo is a capable software that helps your employee share your company’s stories effortlessly through social channels. You and your staff can easily log in to the system from a web browser, smartphone, email, and even intranet to share the stuff.
This tool is powered by Artificial Intelligence that provides analytics for making logical and data-driven decisions. The platform analyzes engagement and generates automated reports so you know what to create and share next to grow your reach.
And Haiilo also provides gamification to make some monotonous tasks fun and entertaining. Additionally, you can also create leaderboards to increase awareness and reward your team with different types of digital trophies.
Now let’s have a quick look at some other features:
- Internal messaging
- Community analysis across all employee segments
Pros And Cons Of Haiilo
|No training is required to use the platform||It doesn’t integrate well with MS Teams|
|Has availability of ready-made content|
|Comes with continuous updates and feature additions|
Haiilo Pricing Plan
Haiilo offers custom pricing and it depends on your requirements. You can get your quote by sending a request through its website.
Today’s customers are wise and they can easily differentiate between genuine reviews and people being paid to shed a few catchy phrases. They rely more on word-of-mouth and good words coming from your staff about your brand are always going to make a huge positive impact on the audience.
But reaching thousands of ears is only possible when you have a strong employee advocacy tool. My top pick is Sociable because it offers content curation from various sources and allows you to create and share your own content. Moreover, it has an easy-to-use layout with rapid content distribution.
My second favorite is EveryoneSocial because of its easy integration and greater scalability for improved brand visibility. Oktopost gains the third spot due to its social compliance and content customization features.
And if you are looking for options that can help smoothen your business processes, you can visit my blog to know more about the latest business tools for better ROI and market share.