If you need to learn all the ins and outs of GetResponse pricing, this article is exactly what you need. I’ll give you the details on its pricing plans, trials, refund policy, fees, add-ons, non-profit discounts, businesses that it’s best for, and so much more.
I’ve used GetResponse in the past and I have to say, as much as I’m impressed with the service, I have some personal comments I’d like to share with you.
So, if you’re ready to learn if this service is worth your investment and take in some drawbacks you should be aware of, keep reading.
- 1. GetResponse Pricing At A Glance
- 2. Are There Any ‘Hidden’ Costs?
- 3. GetResponse Pricing Example #1
- 4. GetResponse Pricing Example #2
- 5. GetResponse Pricing Example #3
- 6. GetResponse Pricing Example #4
- 7. What Do You Get For Your Money
- 8. Similar-Priced Alternatives
- 9. Who Is GetResponse Best For?
- 10. Conclusion – GetResponse Pricing
- 11. GetResponse Pricing – FAQ
1. GetResponse Pricing At A Glance
GetResponse has four different types of pricing plans. Their costs go up as you increase your list size.
- Basic (starts at $15 for a list size of 1,000): This plan has autoresponders, sales funnels (only 1), and many other email marketing features. It lets you use the website builder and have unlimited landing pages and lead funnels.
- Plus (cost begins at $49 for 1,000 list size): As for this one, it includes all of the features I mentioned in the Basic plan. Additionally, it allows you to enjoy 5 workflows automation builders, have 100 attendees for your seminar, create 5 sales and webinar funnels, as well as use the tagging and contact scoring.
- Professional (priced at $99 for 1,000 list size): This plan contains all tools present in the Plus plan and it lets you create paid and on-demand webinars (up to 300 attendees), utilize web push notifications, and have 5 users for the Work Together feature. It also gives you unlimited automation builder, as well as sales and webinar funnels.
- Max (customized pricing): The Max plan has everything included in the Professional plan. It also enables multiple users and accounts, 500 webinar attendees, single sign-on, role management and team support, dedicated support, and transactional emails (as a paid add-on).
You can even save if you prepay.
If you choose to pay 12 months in advance, you’ll receive an 18% discount. Should you choose to select the 24-month billing period, your plan will be 30% cheaper.
2. Are There Any ‘Hidden’ Costs?
As for hidden costs, there were none in my experience. My colleagues who have also used this service plus tons of online reviewers also agree on this matter.
But, since we are already on the topic of costs, let us discuss other details that factor into it such as:
- GetResponse free trial
- Refund policy
- Account cancellation
- Fee computation
- List extension fee
- Non-profit discount
GetReponse 30-Day Free Trial
In case you’re wondering if you can try this service for absolutely no cost, you can.
All you have to do is sign up to start a free trial.
Here are a couple of things you should know about it.
- It can only be used for up to 1,000 contacts, not more.
- You can cancel anytime you want.
- It is available for 30 days.
- You won’t need a credit card to use it.
This trial not only lets you use unlimited email marketing features, but it is also an all-in-one solution that lets you utilize the following:
- Landing pages
- Funnels for webinars, leads, & sales
- Tools for analytics
- Forms & surveys
GetResponse Refund Policy
When it comes to refunds, it’s sad to say that it’s not really offered in GetResponse. It doesn’t matter if you accidentally canceled right after you’ve just paid for it.
Once your credit card has been charged, there’s no way that you can be repaid.
GetResponse isn’t like other services that will give you a hard time if you try to cancel. Account cancellation is super easy. You won’t need to call anyone on the phone or wait to be assisted by an agent.
You can do it online and at any time of your convenience.
All you need is to go to My Account once you’ve logged in. After this, select My Billing. If you scroll down, you’ll find the Cancel subscription option. Click on it and you’re done.
Note: I do have to tell you though that once you cancel your account, all of your data will be deleted. So, you may need to do some preparation before you do this.
Understandably, one concern that most marketers have when trying out a particular service is fee calculation.
I get this. There are other platforms that will charge you for so many things such as:
- Deleted email addresses
Whenever this would happen to me, it’s really frustrating. Every entrepreneur is looking to run their business in a cost-effective way so this is a huge deal-breaker for me.
But, I am happy to inform you that you won’t have to worry about this with GetResponse.
You’ll only have to pay for active subscribers. All of the three factors I’ve mentioned above aren’t charged with this wonderful service. Plus, there are also no limits to the emails you send. They’re truly unlimited!
One thing I do have to let you know is about the list extension fee. This is an option you can take when your business is growing and your list is blowing up.
List Extension Fee
Let’s say that your number of contacts has exceeded the plan that you chose.
Does this mean you have to upgrade to another plan?
Well, yes. You can choose this option. But, sometimes the current one you’re using is already sufficient to cover your needs. The added features that the upgrade offers may have no value to you.
If this is the case, you should opt for the list extension fee.
Aside from copied contacts, you’ll also have to pay this fee if you’ve added them by hand and via the cyclical imports. You won’t be charged for this right away. It’ll be reflected at the end of the billing cycle.
It is also worth mentioning that this is a recurring monthly fee. So, although you’ve paid for an annual or a two-year plan, this will be dedicated to your account every 30 days.
Note: Since we are on the topic of additional fees, I would like to tell you that there are add-ons you can include in your account, especially for the starter plan.
Speaking of the Basic plan, here’s a practical example of who it is best for, available add-ons, and what features it includes.
If you own a nonprofit, then you’d be pleased to know that GetResponse has permanent discounts for you.
There are two special offers that you can take – 30% or 50%.
Both of them will slash prices off of your monthly plans.
So, what are the main differences between the two?
Clearly, the 50% discount is the more reasonable choice. As an additional bonus, you will also enjoy free-of-charge admission to their certification program and GetResponse University.
But, it does come with a catch.
If you want it, you’ll be required to put the GetResponse logo on your site. Also, you’ll be asked to fulfill the logo placement request within 1 month of starting your account.
It’s your choice whether this is okay with you. But, if you don’t want it, you can always select the 30% discount.
With both of these non-profit discounts, you’ll receive the following:
- Email marketing
- 24/7 live chat
- Landing pages
- Conversion funnels
- Marketing automation
3. GetResponse Pricing Example #1
GetResponse Basic Plan For Marketers (Starts at $10.50)
GetResponse’s Basic plan is a great option for online marketers, as well as for growing businesses.
It contains features specially catered for digital marketing that will help you nurture your leads, track your results, and boost your conversions.
Basic Plan Costs For Lists & Advance Payment
The Basic plan is the cheapest one available for GetResponse.
As I mentioned earlier, the cost for all the plans will increase as your list size grows. Also, should you choose to pay in advance, you’ll be able to save more money.
Here are the corresponding prices for the Basic plan depending on your list size and what type of payment you choose.
|List Size||Monthly Payments||Yearly Payment||2-Year Payment|
|1,000 Contacts||$15 / month||$12.30 / month||$10.50 / month|
|2,500 Contacts||$25 / month||$20.50 / month||$17.50 / month|
|5,000 Contacts||$45 / month||$36.90 / month||$31.50/month|
|10,000 Contacts||$65 / month||$53.30 / month||$45.50 / month|
|25,000 Contacts||$145 / month||$118.90 / month||$101.50 / month|
|50,000 Contacts||$250 / month||$205 / month||$175 / month|
|100,000 Contacts||$450 / month||$369 / month||$315 / month|
GetResponse Basic Plan Features for Online Marketers
When I first started as a digital marketer, I also tried the Basic plan. To be honest, it’s really good for those who are new to the business.
I personally attest that it has all the features that you’ll need.
Allow me to show you the following perks that are included in this plan:
- Digital Marketing Essentials: Although this is GetResponse’s most cost-effective plan, it’s not short on features. It includes all of the essential tools for digital marketers such as autoresponders, personalized email marketing campaigns, automation, predesigned templates, and many more.
- Traffic-Generating Tools: With the Basic plan you can run Facebook ads, set up lead magnets through your optimized landing pages, create signup forms to be embedded on your blog or website, and launch an on-demand or live webinar to build interest for your business.
- Lead Nurturing Features: You’ll be able to run remarketing campaigns to lower your abandonment rate. You can also utilize done-for-you templates for automation workflows, landing pages, forms, and emails.
- Integrations: GetResponse’s Basic plan enables integration with major analytics tools, CRM, and content management systems such as Google Analytics, Zendesk, Eventbrite, WordPress, Google Tag Manager, etc to allow you to track your campaign’s performance.
Basic Plan Add-Ons
Not every marketer will be the same. Each one has a unique strategy and approach to its marketing efforts.
That’s why, if you want to get more from your Basic plan, you don’t necessarily have to upgrade. You can purchase an add-on instead.
There are two that you can include in this starting plan. They are the following:
- Multi-user access
You can buy these individually or both at the same time for an additional charge to your account. Also, if you want to cancel, you can do so anytime you want.
I should also mention that you can only have 100-300 participants in your webinar and add up to 5 multi-user accounts.
4. GetResponse Pricing Example #2
GetResponse Plus Plan for Small to Medium Businesses
I’ve finished covering the most affordable plan that GetResponse has.
Now, I’m going to tackle the most popular one – the Plus plan. It’s perfect for lead generation, increasing sales, and selling your goods and services. If you choose this plan, you can have multi-user access (up to 3 only) and 100 webinars. I’ll go over these in detail in the Plus plan features section.
But first, let’s talk about costs.
Plus Plan Costs For Lists & Advance Payment
So, the GetResponse pricing for the Plus plan depends on your list size.
Let me give you an overview of the costs through this table.
|List Size||Monthly Payments||Yearly Payment||2-Year Payment|
|1,000 Contacts||$49 / month||$40.18 / month||$34.30 / month|
|2,500 Contacts||$59 / month||$48.38 / month||$41.30 / month|
|5,000 Contacts||$79 / month||$64.78 / month||$55.30 /month|
|10,000 Contacts||$95 / month||$77.90 / month||$66.50 / month|
|25,000 Contacts||$179 / month||$146.78 / month||$125.30 / month|
|50,000 Contacts||$299 / month||$245.18 / month||$209.30 / month|
|100,000 Contacts||$499 / month||$409.18 / month||$349.30 / month|
GetResponse Plus Plan Features for SMBs
GetResponse’s Plus plan is popular for a good reason.
It’s the go-to choice for startups as well as mid-scale companies because of the following benefits:
- Brand promotion: This plan lets you showcase your brand to your audiences through its comprehensive email marketing features. It also allows you to create Facebook Ads, lead magnet funnels, sign-up forms, and landing pages.
- Engagement tools: Once you’ve promoted your business and have expanded your subscriber list, GetResponse’s Plus plan will take this to another level through its engagement features. It includes autoresponders, webinars, marketing automation, segmentation, newsletter templates, SEO-optimized pages, and many more.
- Monetization features: There are also eCommerce tools that will allow you to grow your company even more. With the Plus plan, you can recover abandoned carts, begin selling physical goods as well as digital ones like downloads and eBooks. You can even conduct online consultations and webinars.
5. GetResponse Pricing Example #3
GetResponse Professional Plan for Expert Marketers
The Professional plan is a great option for marketing managers. This package includes 300 webinars and 5 multi-user access. It is an all-in-one platform that can help you launch your marketing campaigns effectively.
I’ll go over said features in the section that follows. Let’s first discuss how this plan fits your budget.
Professional Plan Costs For Lists & Advance Payment
If you’re curious about the corresponding costs for the Professional plan, here is how it varies from different list sizes and kinds of payments.
|List Size||Monthly Payments||Yearly Payment||2-Year Payment|
|1,000 Contacts||$99 / month||$81.18 / month||$69.30 / month|
|2,500 Contacts||$119 / month||$97.58 / month||$83.30 / month|
|5,000 Contacts||$139 / month||$113.98 / month||$97.30 /month|
|10,000 Contacts||$165 / month||$135.30 / month||$115.50 / month|
|25,000 Contacts||$255 / month||$209.10 / month||$178.50 / month|
|50,000 Contacts||$370 / month||$303.40 / month||$259 / month|
|100,000 Contacts||$580 / month||$475.60 / month||$406 / month|
GetResponse Professional Plan Features For Marketing Managers
As promised, here are the features that make the Professional plan a good fit for expert marketers:
- Audience Segmentation: To help maintain growth, this plan allows tagging, scoring, landing pages, data migration tools, and Native Zapier integration. These features will enable you to segment your subscribers effectively so that you can have high open rates.
- Personalized Messaging: Because your emails are divided according to relevancy, you’ll be able to craft personalized messaging that will surely increase your conversion. Its email marketing tools, behavior-triggered emails, webinars, and other features are amazing for targeting audiences.
- Relevant Offers: Speaking of preferences, GetReponse’s Professional plan lets you assess customer behavior and collect data through the following: eCommerce integrations, sales funnels, marketing automation, and transactional emails.
6. GetResponse Pricing Example #4
GetResponse Max Plan For Enterprises
GetResponse’s Max plan is for large companies and enterprises. If you select this plan, you’ll have a team of experts ready to guide your business. Onboarding is also free of cost.
You’ll have dedicated infrastructure and your very own personal account manager.
Max Plan Costs For Lists & Advance Payment
Unlike other plans for GetResponse, the Max plan doesn’t have a fixed cost. You’ll need to get in touch with them to get your custom quotes.
All you have to do is fill out a form on their website to receive this.
GetResponse Max Plan Features For Large Companies
These are the following features that make GetResponse pricing for the Max plan totally worth it:
- Individual support: This plan is the best when it comes to customer support. You’ll get 24/7 worldwide assistance through Slack, phone, chat, and email. What’s more, is that you can also get technical and professional help.
- All-in-one solution: The Max plan will provide everything that you need for your business in one dependable platform. This includes triggered transactional messages, time email campaigns, real-time data, high-converting forms, and pages, engaging online events, and so much more.
7. What Do You Get For Your Money
Now that I’ve shown you the different types of plans, their costs, as well as who they’re a great fit for, let’s talk about features.
In this part of my article, I’ll give you a more comprehensive view of the features you’ll get with the GetResponse pricing and its availability for the plans.
|Email Marketing Tools|
|Abandoned Order Recovery|
|Web Push Notifications|
|Dedicated Phone Support|
8. Similar-Priced Alternatives
The truth is that every platform is going to have its upsides and downsides.
And so, along with information on GetResponse pricing, let me give you alternative options to choose from that are in the same price tag.
I’ll also explain why I’m recommending them and how each of them may be a better choice for a certain disadvantage that GetResponse has.
One of the things I’ve observed with GetResponse is how it’s broadcast mails or email blasts aren’t performing very well. It doesn’t have the open rate that I believe is satisfactory for a business.
I find that ActiveCampaign is better in this aspect.
Its pricing is a little more expensive than GetResponse but you also have the option to have 500 contacts and it has a starting cost of only $9 for the Lite plan.
Another thing I’ve observed with GetResponse is how its interface needs updating.
For this reason, you can try out Sendinblue. It has a modern interface that is modern and user-friendly.
You’ll also love the fact that it offers a free plan with a limit of 300 emails sent on a daily basis.
Also, their Lite plan, which is priced at $25 per month, lets you send 10,000 monthly emails.
#3 Constant Contact
An unusual issue I encountered with GetResponse is naming lists.
It’s pretty weird because if I wanted to create, let’s say a list for webinar attendees, and I named it “webinar participants,” it’s not going to get approved.
I’m going to need to add letters and numerals to this list so that I can successfully make one.
I did contact support about this and they said they’re updating this. However, as of 2021, I haven’t seen the change happen yet.
And so, if this bothers you, try Constant Contact.
It’s so much easier to create lists on this platform.
They only offer two types of pricing and the cheapest one starts at $20 per month, which is a little steep compared to GetResponse.
9. Who Is GetResponse Best For?
With all of the cons of GetResponse I mentioned, I have to say, there are many upsides to using this platform.
Affordability is one of these perks. Since it’s an all-in-one cost-effective solution, it’s perfect for different types of businesses.
The GetResponse pricing makes it well suited for entrepreneurs, marketers, startups, mid-scale companies, enterprises, and marketing managers.
10. Conclusion – GetResponse Pricing
Let me give you a summary of GetResponse pricing:
- Basic: For 1,000 subscribers has a starting cost of $15/month or $12.30/month if paid one-year advance, or $10.50 / month if you prepay 2 years in advance.
- Plus: For 1,000 contacts, this price begins at $49/month or $40.18/month when you prepay for one year, and $34.30/month when you select the 2-year advance fee.
- Professional: For 1,000 subscribers, you pay a starting price of $99/month or $81.18/month when paid for a year, and $69.30/month if you choose the 2-year option.
With all the features that GetResponse offers, I think it’s worth it.
Sure, it has a couple of improvements needed but what platform doesn’t?
With its price and decent service, it’s still one of the best email marketing platforms out there.
11. GetResponse Pricing – FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding GetResponse pricing:
What is GetResponse used for?
GetResponse is used primarily for email marketing. It is also an affordable solution and an all-in-one platform that allows you to increase your sales, grow your subscriber list, and engage with your audience.
Is GetResponse good for email marketing?
Yes, GetResponse is an excellent choice for email marketing. It has several tools that help businesses scale such as automation, abandoned cart recovery, landing pages, CRM, phone support, and many other advanced features.
Is GetResponse free?
As of 2021, there is no free plan offered by GetResponse. There is, however, a free trial for 30 days that can be tried that caters to 1,000 list sizes or less. The lowest plan costs $15 per month for the Basic plan. You’ll also get an 18% discount if you pay 12 months in advance and save 30% if you prepay for 24 months.
Is GetResponse good for affiliate marketing?
GetResponse is a fine choice for affiliate marketers since it is packed with features for a wide number of promotions like ad banners. It also supports multiple languages.