Are you planning to move out from GoDaddy? If so, this article can guide you to make an informed decision and pick the best GoDaddy alternative.
Over the years of developing my business website and blog, I, too, found GoDaddy’s all-in-one solutions perfect for my needs. However, it doesn’t automatically make it the best option for every purpose.
This inspires me to compile all the best GoDaddy alternatives I’ve used, previous and current. And here, I’ll highlight all their best features, purpose, pricing rates, and who will benefit the most from using them.
1. GoDaddy Alternative: Hostinger
Powerful All-In-One Web Hosting & Domain Registrar Services [$1.39 a month]
Hostinger landed on the top spot because of its close similarity with GoDaddy.
It’s also a company that provides excellent web hosting solutions and domain registrar services. As proof of its efficacy, it successfully empowers over 29 million users in 178 countries.
One of its many advantages is its free-forever web hosting.
This web hosting solution allows you to host one website with 300 MB HDD storage and limited bandwidth of 3 GB. It can also handle up to 300 visits per month.
Overall, there are seven web hosting solutions offered on their platform.
Though they are all engineered for speed and power, their Minecraft Server hosting naturally stands out from the rest.
This hosting solution provides a game panel to easily install mods, upload Minecraft custom world, and more. For optimal gaming experience, multiple game modes and multi-player versions are made available.
Hostinger ensures your Minecraft hosting will run seamlessly, and they deliver this by providing high specifications for all their subscription plans:
- Processor: 2 to 8 vCPU hardware
- Memory: 2 GB to 16 GB
- Server location: 5 Tier-3 data centers deployed globally
- Storage type: Uses only the latest Intel Xeon processors
As of writing, Hostinger supports 12 different Minecraft server types.
Hostinger Pricing Plan
As of writing, Hostinger offers 100+ top-level domain extensions for as low as $0.99 a year. Unlike with GoDaddy, the renewal rates are far more affordable.
It also offers seven web hosting solutions and most include a free domain for the first year (conditions apply).
- Shared web hosting: $1.39/mo. – $3.99/mo. (two higher plans come with a free domain worth $8.99)
- Cloud hosting: $9.99/mo. – $69.99/mo.
- WordPress hosting: $1.99/mo. – $11.59/mo.
- cPanel-based hosting: $1.95/mo. – $3.25/mo.
- VPS hosting: $3.95/mo. – $77.99/mo.
- Minecraft hosting: $8.95/mo. – $77.99/mo. (12, 24, and 48-month billing periods)
- CyberPanel VPS hosting: $3.95/mo. – $77.99/mo.
Don’t forget its two email hosting solutions:
- Google Workspace email hosting ($6/mo./mailbox): Provide custom email and 30 GB email storage.
- Titan email hosting ($0.99/mo.-$2.49/mo.): Choose between business email with 10 GB storage space and enterprise email with 30 GB email storage. The latter has added unlimited mail filter options.
If you’re not ready to commit yet, you can start with Hostinger free web hosting.
Hostinger vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: eCommerce, website owners, new & experienced WordPress developers||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Hosting starts at $1.39/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Offer over 100 unique TLDs, 7 web hosting solutions, 2 email hosting, & 3 domain services||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: No Windows VPS hosting & real-time phone support offered||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try Hostinger||Try GoDaddy|
2. GoDaddy Alternative: Domain.com
Best Domain Registrar Overall [$2.99, 1st Year]
Domain.com is another all-in-one platform that provides impeccable products:
- Web hosting solutions
- Domain registrar services
- Website and online store builder
- Professional email
- And, tons of security features
The web hosting solutions it offers may not be as comprehensive as GoDaddy, only offering WordPress and shared web hosting. But ease your mind, all hosting products are secure and stable.
Its domain registrar services are what make it an industry leader.
Domain.com supports millions of its users by providing them with new and creative top-level domains. They also offer premium domains for added options.
What are premium domain names, you ask?
These are the domains that are previously purchased and registered but are now available for sale. If this is what you prefer, make sure to pick the best domain name that possesses the following:
- Closely associated with your service or industry your business belongs to
- Easy to spell
- Memorable and short
Don’t forget to check its history.
Most premium domain names can get your website to rank high on Google fast and other search engine platforms. However, there are also a few that have a bad reputation.
You can quickly check any domain names you want using the Domain.com WHOIS Lookup tool.
No download and installation is required. Simply type the domain name you desire, and it will display all the essential information you need to know.
Domain.com Pricing Plan
Domain.com offers 300+ new and unique top-level domain (TLD) extensions to help your website stand out from your competitors. You can buy one for as low as $2.99 for its first year.
For its two hosting solutions, both offer straightforward pricing tiers:
- Shared web hosting: $3.75/mo. – $13.75/mo. (all include unlimited storage and scalable bandwidth)
- WordPress hosting: $3.75/mo. – $6.95/mo. (two higher subscription plans include a 1-year free domain name)
Both hosting solutions are payable on 12, 24, and 36-month billing periods.
If you also want to get a professional email, you can purchase any of the following email plans:
- Microsoft 365: $2.99/mo./user (Email Essentials), $4.99/mo./user (Business Plus), and $9.99/mo./user (Business Pro).
- Google Workspace: Add this email provider for as low as $6 a month ($72/year).
Create your Domain.com account now and get full access to all its products.
Domain.com vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: Beginners, website owners, small & medium-sized business owners||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Hosting starts at $3.75/month||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: New & premium domains available, WHOIS lookup included, and over 300 domain extensions to choose from||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: General customer support via phone is only available during business hours||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try Domain.com||Try GoDaddy|
3. GoDaddy Alternative: Google Domains
Simple Domain Name Registrar [$7 a year]
Google Domains is the ultimate choice for you if you prefer a simple and hassle-free domain registration.
It works well on all the latest versions of web browsers (Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge). So, accessing it anywhere will never be a problem.
Just like with other domain registrars, Google Domain works as follows:
- Search for all available TLDs
- Purchase the desired domain
- Transfer the domain you purchased from other registrars
- Connect domains with website builders (Blogger, Google Sites, Shopify, Squarespace, Weebly, and Wix)
- Manage and renew the domain registration
- Integrate with web hosts
In searching for a top-level domain, a green check icon will appear on the result if it’s available for registration. However, if the domain is already registered, you can click More Options to find out all the domain’s history.
Since Google powers this domain registrar, you can easily integrate it with all its products.
One product you can use is the website builder. This is a great platform to create your simple site from scratch or a pre-designed template.
You can also get a matching email address to make your site professional.
Do you want to get more traffic? Google Ads is a great tool to market your business online and help you strategize your goals.
These products are available on Google Workspace (starting as low as $4.20/user/month).
Google Domains Pricing Plan
Google Domains supports hundreds of top-level domains (TLDs). Their prices range from $7 to $130 per year.
The cost differs depending on the type of domains you purchase.
The more memorable and high-ranking the domains are, the higher their cost will be. While simple and relevant domains such as a country code, hold a lower price.
Most of the available TLDs on the Google Domains also includes the following upon purchase:
- Registration fee
- WHOIS privacy protection
- Domain and subdomain forwarding
- Email forwarding
- Google name servers with 10 million Domain Name System (DNS) resolutions per year
Start looking for the perfect domain for your website or online store using the Google Domain Search tool.
Google Domains vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: Any individual who owns websites, online stores, & blogs||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Starts at $7/year||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Choose from the 333 domain endings, aftermarket premium domains, with professional tools provided||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: No available web hosting and services only supported in 23 countries||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try Google Domains||Try GoDaddy|
4. GoDaddy Alternative: Bluehost
Best WordPress Hosting [$2.95 a month, 1st Term]
Bluehost is another popular web hosting provider that boasts an all-in-one solution. From a simple site to a fully functioning online store, it can provide all the tools you need to get started.
It can also support your business as it grows by providing you with industry-grade marketing tools.
Let’s focus more on its powerful hosting options. All in all, there are six hosting solutions available on their platform.
- Shared hosting: The ideal web hosting for anyone who intends to get their website online easily and fast. All plans under this web host include a website builder, domain manager, up to $150 Google Ads credit, and Google My Business access.
- Dedicated server hosting: If your website consistently receives high traffic, this hosting option gives power and speed to level up your site’s performance. All plans under this web host include a free domain for the first year, optional full root access, and RAID1 storage.
- VPS hosting: This web host can support an unlimited number of websites or one high-performing site. All plans under this web host include an easy-to-use VPS dashboard, full SSD hard drives, and more.
- WooCommerce hosting: The only web host option that allows you to build, launch, promote, and start selling in WooCommerce online store. It provides a free domain with domain privacy and protection, tons of plug-ins, and supports all types of products to sell.
The last two hosting solutions are dedicated solely to WordPress websites.
Did you know that Bluehost is overall the best web host service for WordPress?
It’s true, and it has even become one of its recommended web hosts since 2005. This isn’t surprising because Bluehost is designed with a rich hosting environment.
This hosting environment is the number one requirement of WordPress websites for them to run seamlessly.
The shared WordPress hosting is the standard option, and it provides tons of resources, products, and tools to manage your website easily.
However, if your websites cater to high traffic regularly, the managed WordPress hosting is recommended. Here, you can expect to get the following:
- Multi-tiered security and auto-backups
- Multi-layered caching for lightning-fast speed
- Centralized social media control
- Advanced analytics
- And lots of handy marketing tools
Bluehost Pricing Plan
Bluehost offers hundreds of domain options, and their price starts at $1.99 for its first year. Purchase any domain, and you’ll get the following perks:
- A single domain management control panel
- Access to domain forwarding feature
- Domain lock to save it from unauthorized transfers
- Auto-renewal of domain
When it comes to the hosting solutions, I’ll list down all price range per hosting category:
- Shared hosting: $2.95/mo. – $13.95/mo.; four subscription plans
- Dedicated hosting: $79.99/mo. – $119.99/mo.; three subscription plans
- VPS hosting: $18.99/mo. – $59.99/mo.; three subscription plans
- WordPress hosting: $2.95/mo. – $4.95/mo.; three subscription plans
- Managed WordPress hosting: $9.95/mo. – $27.95/mo.; three subscription plans
- WooCommerce hosting: $12.95/mo. – $24.95/mo.; two subscription plans
All stated prices are set for a 36-month term. But you can also avail any of these subscription plans for a 12-month term.
Match your domain with a professional email. Check its email plans to learn what you can get from each.
Bluehost vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: Bloggers and website owners with small growing businesses||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Hosting starts at $2.95/month||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: All-in-one dashboard, tons of plugins available, innovative e-commerce tool with a wide variety of domains||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: International calling fees and limited email option (Microsoft 365 only)||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try Bluehost||Try GoDaddy|
5. GoDaddy Alternative: DreamHost
Best Web Hosting For Linux OS [$2.59 a month, 1st Term]
Many web hosting services offer dependable Linux hosting solutions. But if you’re looking for a good all-rounder web host, you can rely on Dreamhost.
Presently, DreamHost servers run seamlessly on Ubuntu and Debian.
Also, it supported various technologies to customize their hosting environment further. Here are a few of the technologies supported:
- Node.js (shared, VPS, and dedicated servers)
- PostgreSQL (Dedicated server)
- CGI scripts (all servers)
- Perl (Enabled on all servers by default)
DreamHost also provides no-coding website-building applications to create stunning and responsive websites quickly.
WordPress also recommends DreamHost. That’s why it’s the website builder provided by default.
But of course, you can always choose other site editors you like, such as MediaWiki and Joomla.
If you choose WordPress website builder, you can expect to get the following perks:
- Post and page builder
- Quick-Start Wizard
- 200+ industry-specific Starter sites
- 100+ design block options
- Real-time SEO suggester
If you’re a web professional or a tech-savvy entrepreneur, you may find its DreamCompute beneficial. This is DreamHost’s cloud computing service that is powered by OpenStack.
This is the product that allows you to customize your own virtual networks.
Here, you can get a single dashboard to manage its main services – compute, network, and storage. You can also take advantage of its API options for system automation.
DreamHost Pricing Plan
There are more than 400 unique top-level domains available in DreamHost, and their prices start at $0.89 for its first year.
On the other hand, here’s a list of its web hosting solutions price ranges, payable monthly and annual billing periods:
- Shared Starter: $2.95/mo. | renew at $6.99/mo.
- Shared Unlimited: $2.95/mo. | renew at $12.99/mo.
- DreamPress: $16.95/mo.
- DreamPress Plus: $24.95/mo.
- DreamPress Pro: $71.95/mo.
- VPS 1 GB | Basic: $13.75/mo.
- VPS 2 GB | Business: $27.50/mo.
- VPS 4 GB | Professional: $55/mo.
- VPS 8 GB | Enterprise: $110/mo.
- DreamCompute | 512MB RAM Server: Max. $4.50/month ($0.0075/hour)
- Dream Compute | 2GB RAM Server: Max. $12.00/month ($0.02/hour)
- DreamCompute | 8GB RAM Server: Max. $48.00/month ($0.08/hour)
Pair up your website with a personalized email address. DreamHost provides you two email hosting options:
- In-house webmail: Starts at $1.67/mo./mailbox
- Google Workspace: $6 – $12/mo./user; 30-day free trial version included
Unfortunately, no free plan is offered in DreamHost. But you can still try them because each subscription plan includes a money-back guarantee (97 days for Shared hosting plans and 30 days for DreamPress plans).
Dreamhost vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: Web designers, developers, eCommerce store owners, and small business owners||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Hosting starts at $2.59/month||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: 750k+ WordPress installations, in-house control panels, and free WordPress migration||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: Long-term backups are not included in any hosting plan||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try DreamHost||Try GoDaddy|
6. GoDaddy Alternative: SiteGround
Best Web Hosting For WooCommerce New Stores [$4.99/mo., 1st Invoice]
SiteGround provides secure and quality web hosting solutions that every entrepreneur and developer can use for various purposes. Currently, there are five hosting options available:
- Shared hosting
- WordPress hosting
- WooCommerce hosting
- Cloud hosting
- Reseller hosting
All are guaranteed to support your website needs as it grows.
If you’re new to online selling, I recommend getting any of the WooCommerce hosting plans. Why?
The answer is simple, it saves you time and effort by automatically installing WordPress with the WooCommerce plugin. It also adds the most popular theme by default, so you can quickly add your products.
Speaking of products, you can sell anything on your account (physical and digital goods or services).
You can also accept any form of payment. SiteGround provides simple integration with 140 region-specific payment gateways.
I’ve added the screenshot below to show the additional tools you can get under WooCommerce hosting plans.
All SiteGround’s hosting solutions permit you to add collaborators. To ensure each can work seamlessly, they recently added collaboration tools.
By default, every collaborator added will receive their very own site tools.
But if you’re a designer, developer, or agency, you have the power to transfer a website to your SiteGround client.
SiteGround Pricing Plan
There are three subscription plans you can choose from SiteGround’s managed WooCommerce hosting:
- StartUp ($4.99/mo.): Create and manage 1 website with 10 GB worth of web space and support up to 10,000 visits per month.
- GrowBig ($7.99/mo.): Create and manage unlimited websites with 20 GB of web space and support up to 25,000 visits per month. Add-ons are also provided (On-demand backup copies, ultrafast PHP, and staging).
- GoGeek ($14.99/mo.): On top of the GrowBig features, it provides 40 GB of web space, supports 100,000 monthly visits, and 3 additional premium features.
If you prefer managed Cloud hosting solutions, there are four subscription plans offered:
- Jumpstart | 4 CPU cores: $100/mo.
- Business | 8 CPU cores: $200/mo.
- Business Plus | 12 CPU cores: $300/mo.
- Super Power | 16 CPU cores: $400/mo.
SiteGround does not offer a free plan. However, you can still try each subscription plan risk-free because it includes a 30-day money-back guarantee (14 days for managed cloud hosting).
SiteGround vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: Agencies, small businesses, enterprises & eCommerce merchants||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Starts at $4.99/month||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Provide free pre-installed SSL, automatic updates for WordPress & WooCommerce, and AI anti-bot system||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: Limited to 40 GB storage space (max) and expensive renewal rates||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try SiteGround||Try GoDaddy|
7. GoDaddy Alternative: WP Engine
Most Dependable Managed WordPress Hosting Alternative to GoDaddy Pro [$25 a month]
GoDaddy Pro is the company’s product tailored to the needs of web professionals and other advanced users.
Its main objective is to simplify the workflow by providing a secure and intuitive dashboard (called the Hub). Inside the Hub, users can manage all their existing sites, projects, access, and storage.
The best part of it is it’s entirely free, making it a favorable choice.
However, its features and tools are limited to site and project management. If you’re looking for a comprehensive platform, you can count on WP Engine.
Since its inception in 2010, it has consistently provided the fastest and most secure managed hosting solution for WordPress sites.
Here’s how they do it:
They’ve built their platform using the latest technologies to ensure they can provide the right tools for every task. Under site-building and management, there are a total of 23 tools you can use.
StudioPress themes are the easiest way to build a fantastic and responsive design.
To ensure your site will attract more traffic, all themes available are optimized for search engines and devices. On top of that, each is equipped with plenty of security features to prevent various cyberattacks.
Three types of environments are also built for production, staging, and development.
This is an effective way to organize your workflow and identify/resolve any issues in each environment accordingly.
Discovering how your site performs overall (front-end and back-end) is made simpler. WP Engine provides you with two actionable intelligence tools:
- Application performance: This tool allows you to quickly identify and resolve application issues (simple and complex).
- Page speed performance: This tool provides you with real-time data and sends recommendations on improving your page speed or resolving issues.
There is a long list of WP Engine tools, and you can find them all on their website.
WP Engine Pricing Plan
WP Engine has different pricing tiers for its four hosting products. All are payable on a monthly and annual basis.
- Managed hosting: $25/mo. – $241.67/mo.
- Managed hosting plus: $28.33/mo. – $258.33/mo.
- eCommerce hosting: $30/mo. – $291.67/mo.
- Secure hosting: $44.17/mo. – $291.67/mo.
All these hosting plans include dedicated hosting. But unlike the others, this requires you to contact the sales team to get custom pricing.
WP Engine vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: Agencies, small to mid-sized businesses, marketers, and web professionals||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Starts at $25/month||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: StudioPress themes, one-click staging, auto-migration, automated backups, and multi-site conversion||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: No free trial versions and a handful of disallowed plugins||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try WP Engine||Try GoDaddy|
8. GoDaddy Alternative: GreenGeeks
Best Eco-Friendly Web Hosting Alternative [$2.49 a month]
Like other top web host providers, GreenGeeks provides secure, reliable, and fast hosting solutions.
As a previous user, I’ve proven that it has an excellent uptime (average 99.95%). While its page speed can go as fast as 9 milliseconds for a 200KB page size (more or less).
I’ve hit a record of 489 milliseconds for higher page sizes.
Getting started with GreenGeeks is easy. The first step is to register your domain name on the platform.
Did you register it with another web host?
If so, click the Transfer a Domain option to transfer it into your GreenGeeks account. The process is easy and won’t take long.
A friendly reminder.
You can transfer any domains you have in your account as long as it’s not expired or it has been registered for at least 60 days.
Upon completion, you can start setting up your email accounts.
There are two methods to do this, and the first one is through your account manager.
Simply click the Accounts, and a form will appear where you can add your email address and password. Hit “Create Account” once done.
Another method is through cPanel.
When filling up the form, it’s important to indicate the following:
- Domain name to use
- Add a username and password
- And, assign the storage space it can consume (set a specific number or select unlimited)
It also gives you an option to tick the “Send a welcome email with instructions to set up a mail client“.
The next steps left mainly focus on the website creation and setting up the billing and login management.
GreenGeeks Pricing Plan
The best thing about GreenGeeks is it provides tons of hosting solutions, a total of 12. So, no matter what your site hosting needs are, they got it covered.
Here are the pricing ranges for each hosting options:
- Web hosting: $2.49/mo. – $8.95/mo. (50 GB to unlimited web space)
- Reseller hosting: $19.95/mo. – $34.95/mo. (60 GB to 160 GB SSD disk space)
- VPS hosting: $39.95/mo. – $109.95/mo. (2 GB to 8 GB RAM)
- Dedicated servers: $169/mo. – $439/mo. (2 GB to 16 GB DDR 3 memory)
For the app hosting products (8), GreenGeeks provides the same price as web hosting. But ease your mind that all tools and features are unique.
Don’t have a domain name yet?
GreenGeeks provides you with 245 domain options. Its registration price starts at $9.95 per year.
Visit its domain pricing page to find out what top-level domains are available for you.
GreenGeeks vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
|Best for: Small business owners, eCommerce merchants, and large enterprises||Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce, resellers, & any individuals who own websites|
|Pricing: Hosting starts at $2.49/month||Pricing: Hosting starts at $4.99/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Linux/Unix-based web hosting solutions, website builder, and simple domain registration||Best feature: Fast & reliable hosting solutions (website, servers, & WordPress) with complete domain registrar services|
|Cons: No offered Windows-based hosting solutions and limited customer support||Cons: Pricey renewal rates and charges a restoration fee|
|Try GreenGeeks||Try GoDaddy|
GoDaddy is an excellent web host provider because it delivers consistent uptime and fast loading speed. It also provides extensive top-level domains, from general types to the most relevant (industry-specific).
If this doesn’t satisfy your site’s requirement, there are tons of GoDaddy alternatives you can choose from.
If I have to choose, I’ll pick Domain.com. It may not be comparable with GoDaddy’s page speed and uptime, but it can provide more features.
An excellent example of this is its web hosting.
It offers unlimited storage and scalable bandwidth for all its subscription plans. It also automatically includes free SSL by Let’s Encrypt and 5 to unlimited FTP logins.
Prices are the top concern of many over GoDaddy.
You’ll never have that in Domain.com because most of its prices are fixed no matter what billing period you select. Even if there is a slight increase in the renewal rates, it will only have a few cents to a dollar difference.
I hope my eye-opening review about GoDaddy alternatives helps you make an informed decision on what to buy.
Don’t hesitate to try any of the web host and domain registrar platforms listed here. Particularly those that offer a free plan or a trial version.