If you’re looking for the best Squarespace alternative, this review is for you.
Squarespace’s all-in-one solutions make it an excellent platform to grow your business and presence online, but it doesn’t mean it’s for everyone. In my years of using Squarespace, I’ve uncovered the areas that need improvements and features it lacks.
For this reason, I’ve started to explore and compile all the best Squarespace alternatives. And today, I’ll highlight their top qualities, pricing structures, support quality, and more.
1. Squarespace Alternative: Zyro
New Website Building & Hosting Platform For Beginners [$8.90 a month]
Zyro isn’t always on top of Squarespace’s alternative list because it’s relatively new, launched in 2019. But as soon as you explore its platform, you’ll be sure to love it.
Its website builder features a drag-and-drop and intuitive interface, making it ideal for beginners and anyone new to website creation.
Getting started on the building process is easy because it provides three innovative methods.
It’s also equipped with four AI-powered tools to simplify the process even more:
- Page importer: The tool will help transfer all your content from your previous website to your Zyro website. Just type in the website address, and all imported content will be made accessible under the Pages and navigation menu.
- Logo maker: Create a professional logo within seconds using Zyro’s logo maker. This is 100% free and commercially licensed so you can use it the way you want it.
- AI writer: This is a content-generating tool that helps you create SEO-friendly content for your website. It works by selecting a specific topic and category, and it will display all unique copies available.
- AI heatmap: The tool that can boost your website’s user experience and maximize conversions without running A/B tests. As you build your website, this tool predicts how visitors will see and use the website, making it easier for you to optimize it.
Don’t have a business name yet?
Use its AI business name generator to get tons of ideas. If your heart sets on one, you can immediately register your trademark online.
Aside from business websites, you can also launch your very own online store.
It helps you sell almost any product at three major online marketplaces (Facebook, Amazon, and Instagram).
Zyro Pricing Plan
Zyro offers four subscription plans with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It’s also payable in 4 billing cycles – monthly, annually, every 2 years, and every 4 years.
- Basic ($8.90/mo.): Build your personal brand website with 3 GB bandwidth, 1 GB of storage space, an SSL certificate, designer-crafted templates, and more. You can also use tons of AI-powered branding tools.
- Unleashed ($10.90/mo.): For entrepreneurs, you can equip your business website with unlimited storage space and bandwidth, professional email, blogging tools, and marketing tools. Get the annual plan, and you’ll also get a free domain for 1 year.
- eCommerce ($19.90/mo.): Open your store and sell up to 100 products, connect to your own domain, access Google Analytics, integrate Stripe, and more. This is a 100% commission-free plan.
- eCommerce Plus ($25.90/mo.): This is the plan to get if you wish to list up to 2,500 products, set your store in multiple languages, and add products on Amazon, Facebook shop, and Instagram store.
Unfortunately, Zyro doesn’t offer a free plan. But it does have a “build now, pay later” strategy.
This means you can start building your website by signing up with a free account. Once you’re ready to hit publish, that’s the only time you need to choose a plan.
Zyro vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Business websites, eCommerce stores, and personal brand websites||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Starts at $8.90/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Free web hosting, domain registration for every website/eCommerce store, and drag-and-drop site builder||Best feature: Website builder, built-in RSS feed for podcast services publishing, and a wide variety of modern pre-built templates|
|Cons: No automatic content transfer when changing templates and no custom templates||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try Zyro||Try Squarespace|
2. Squarespace Alternative: Shopify
Best Website Building & Hosting Platform For eCommerce [$29 a month]
If your business is 100% focused on eCommerce, Shopify is one of the ultimate choices.
Getting started on your online store is easy. You have the option to customize the default theme provided to you or explore its free and paid themes on Shopify Theme Store.
Here are a few of the amazing features you can add to your store:
- Advanced product filtering: Allows your customer to filter products by brand, type, color, or size.
- Predictive search: Provide customers with a simple way to find the products they’re searching for.
- Multiple slideshows: Add this feature to display all featured products attractively.
- Marketing popup: Share promotional messages at the right time to boost your conversion rates.
If you get the enterprise-level subscription plan, you also have the option to create a password-protected wholesale store.
One of its best features is its POS hardware.
Through this hardware, you can instantly sync your offline and online sales and inventories. You can also process payments safer and easier.
This feature comes with a mobile app so that you can transact and track your inventories anywhere you go.
Shopify Pricing Plan
There are four subscription plans offered which all include a blog, unlimited bandwidth, and eCommerce hosting (except Shopify Lite).
- Basic Shopify ($29/mo.): Sell unlimited products on various online marketplaces and add up to 4 inventory locations. You’re also allowed to sell in 133 currencies and 5 multiple languages.
- Shopify ($79/mo.): If you intend to sell internationally, this is the best plan to start with. You can set country-specific domains, customize product prices per country/region, and more.
- Advanced Shopify ($299/mo.): This is an excellent plan for anyone who wants to add 15 staff accounts, 8 inventory locations, create advanced reports, and more.
- Shopify Plus (Starts at $2,000/mo.): A plan dedicated for high-volume businesses. It provides you complete access to the Shopify organization admin, specialized apps and channels, and more.
- Shopify Lite ($9/mo.): Offer to all online sellers who want to sell on Facebook or turn their personal website into a money-making business.
If you’re not ready to commit, you can simply explore its platform by registering on its risk-free 14-day free trial.
Shopify vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Enterprises & large businesses that offer in-person & online selling||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Starts at $29/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Feature-rich website builder, secure payment methods, and 6,000+ apps available for integration||Best feature: Website builder, built-in RSS feed for podcast services publishing, and a wide variety of modern pre-built templates|
|Cons: Up to 2% transaction fee for using a third-party payment gateway||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try Shopify||Try Squarespace|
3. Squarespace Alternative: WordPress.org
Open-Source CMS Best For Creating Self-Hosted Sites, Business Blogs, & Apps [FREE]
WordPress is one of the unbeatable blogging platforms. In fact, 42% of today’s web use this platform in powering personal and business blogs.
It’s proven to create attractive and responsive designs accessible to all devices, browsers, and search engine platforms.
Since it’s built as a content management system, you can create, manage, and optimize your visitor’s online experience. It also gives you the freedom to collaborate with other users.
WordPress’ mission is to help you get the website you want and need.
They deliver this by providing you with over 55,000 plugins. Through these plugins, you can easily extend the functionalities of your website.
WordPress indeed provides rich features and tools. Unfortunately, it’s not as easy to use as Squarespace.
WordPress.org Pricing Plan
This version of WordPress is completely free of charge. The only cost you need to shoulder is for the following:
- Choose from the three recommended web hosting solutions – Bluehost, Dreamhost, or SiteGround.
- A broad range of plugins, from the most popular to beta plugins
- Premium and commercially supported themes
- Maintenance and security patches
Download WordPress today and start building any websites or apps you want.
WordPress.org vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Bloggers, business owners, content creators, developers, & site owners||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Available for free||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Over 55,000 plugins, powerful media management, customizable templates, & tons of blogging tools||Best feature: Website builder, built-in RSS feed for podcast services publishing, and a wide variety of modern pre-built templates|
|Cons: Require coding for customization and add-ons are sold individually||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try WordPress||Try Squarespace|
4. Squarespace Alternative: Duda
Professional Website Builder with No-Code Flex Technology [$14 a month]
Duda website builder is suitable for both beginners and tech-savvy users.
It features an intuitive drag-and-drop function and developer mode so that you can freely customize your website the way you want it.
They also added a new flex mode, which helps you create pixel-perfect websites in a short amount of time.
But what makes Duda truly stand out against Squarespace is its team collaboration and client management features.
Their purpose is pretty straightforward and handy in managing multiple client websites. Under the team collaboration, there are three features included:
- Site comments: All comments on your website are instantly saved in one location for easy tracking.
- Asset sharing: This feature allows you to share various elements with your teams, such as templates, duplicate sections, widgets, and more.
- Team permissions: Control what your team members can access and manage on the account.
On the other hand, client management allows you to work side-by-side with your clients by giving them site-specific access. You can also present to them the latest insights you get from your analytics.
Duda Pricing Plan
Duda offers four subscription plans that are payable in a monthly and annual billing period.
- Basic ($14/mo.): Create multi-language websites with access to millions of free and premium images, personalization, email support, and more.
- Team ($22/mo.): This plan allows you to collaborate with 4 team members, access client management features and customer support via email, chat, and phone.
- Agency ($44/mo.): Collaborate with up to 10 team members and use advanced tools such as website export, widget builder, and dynamic pages with internal and external collections.
- Custom (By Quote): Get this plan, and you’ll enjoy using all Duda’s features. Contact the sales team to get custom pricing based on your needs.
Try Duda now by signing up for its 14-day free trial.
Duda vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Agencies, SaaS platforms, eCommerce sites, & hosting companies||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Starts at $14/month||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Drag-and-drop web editor with developer mode, and built-in client management system|
|Cons: Pricier plans and customer support is dependent on the plans chosen||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try Duda||Try Squarespace|
5. Squarespace Alternative: Webnode
Best Website Builder For Multilingual Sites [Free | $3.90 a month]
Webnode may not be as popular as Squarespace. But with over 40 million users, it certainly offers something extraordinary.
Its website builder is built for ease of use.
It’s made up of sections and content blocks for easy modification. Every section comes with a gear icon; click it, and you’ll find all the settings you can change.
When it comes to the content blocks, you can directly make changes by clicking the block you wanted to edit.
Do you want to add a new section or content block?
You can easily do so by clicking the plus button (placed between each section).
Now that we know the basics, let’s dive into its main highlights – the multi-language feature.
When you avail of the Standard and Profi website premium plans, you’re eligible to add multiple languages to your business website.
You can make these changes by clicking the settings at the top menu. A pop-up box will appear; find languages and click it.
Publish the website once done.
Necesito Reformar, a Spanish company, is one of the many great Webnode websites that showcase the efficacy of this feature.
Webnode Pricing Plan
Webnode offers a free plan and four website premium plans.
The free plan includes free web hosting under its subdomain, 100 MB of storage space, and 1 GB of monthly bandwidth. You can use the free plan as long as you find its capacity sufficient for your needs.
On the other hand, the website premium plans are described as follows:
- Limited ($3.90/mo.): This plan includes the free plan features with additional 24/5 priority customer support and the ability to connect on your own domain. You can also access the form builder and create up to 5 fields.
- Mini ($7.50/mo.): Here, you’ll receive a 1-year free domain and create 1 email account to make your website professional. You’ll also get 500 MB of storage space, 3 GB bandwidth, and can add a video background.
- Standard ($12.90/mo.): The most popular plan that includes 2 GB of storage space, 10 GB bandwidth, and allows you to create 20 email accounts. You can also create membership registrations (100 members to accommodate) and make 2 language versions of your website.
- Profi ($22.90/mo.): If you want to create a full-blown membership registration with unlimited members to accommodate, this plan is recommended. You can also create unlimited versions of your website in different languages.
Do you intend to build an online store?
If the answer is yes, you can check Webnode’s eCommerce premium plans.
Webnode vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Small businesses, freelancers, small-time bloggers, and startups||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Starts at $3.90/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Beginner-friendly website builder with modern & niche-specific templates for all needs|
|Cons: Phone support is only available at Premium and the blog feature is limited||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try Webnode||Try Squarespace|
6. Squarespace Alternative: Pixpa
All-in-one Website-Building Platform For Photographers & Creatives [$7 a month]
Everything you need to create an attractive and functional website, Pixpa can provide it all.
With its all-in-one platform, you can quickly build a website with the following inclusions:
- Built-in online store
- Client galleries
You can add so much more without writing a single line of code.
When using the website builder, you’ll immediately notice the resemblance with Squarespace editor – built with a structured design.
It consists of sections and doesn’t feature a drag-and-drop function. You can directly change all elements on each section and access the advanced settings by clicking the gear icon.
If you have a technical background or hire a developer, you can take advantage of the HTML area to fully customize each page based on your specific needs.
Are you planning to sell your goods?
Pixpa can help you add, sell, and promote various physical, digital, and service products.
Pixpa Pricing Plan
Pixpa offers three simple subscription plans with monthly and annual billing cycle options.
By default, all websites created are automatically hosted on their fully-managed cloud infrastructure (powered by Amazon Web Services).
- Personal ($7/mo.): Get 1 GB of storage space, sell 5 products, upload 15 pages of content/galleries, and more. You’ll also receive a free domain name for the first year when you purchase the annual plan.
- Expert ($10/mo.): Create a website with unlimited content, gallery images, basic marketing pop-ups, advanced mailing lists, and 10 GB of storage space. You can also sell up to 25 products.
- Business ($16/mo.): This plan allows you to sell a thousand products with advanced marketing tools, payment forms, 50 GB of storage space, and more.
Start creating your website by signing up for its 15-day free trial.
Pixpa vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Small business owners, photographers, artists, & other creative professionals||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Starts at $7/month||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Fully managed cloud hosting with a structured website builder with lots of pre-designed templates|
|Cons: Can’t publish without subscribing to a plan, & no auto-save function||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try Pixpa||Try Squarespace|
7. Squarespace Alternative: Webflow
Most Advanced Website Building Platform For Professionals [Free | 12 a month]
Webflow is one of the most advanced website builders available today. It becomes a suitable Squarespace alternative because of its features and tools.
Yes, Webflow also provides the same features and tools that Squarespace offers, and they all make it better.
One of these amazing features is the website builder.
Webflow’s website builder is built with a combination of structured and unstructured design. This means you can move the elements anywhere on the page and directly edit them without writing a single code.
It also features a drag-and-drop function for quick addition of elements and layouts.
Due to the builder’s design complexity, it requires time to get the hang of it. But don’t worry, you can learn everything about it by visiting their YouTube channel.
Developers and tech-savvies can quickly grasp the progress because it comes with a visual UI map.
Webflow Pricing Plan
Webflow offers two types of subscription plans – site and account plans.
If you intend to create personal or business websites and blogs, here are the site plans you can choose from:
- Basic ($12/mo.): Create a simple site with 100 pages and accommodate 25,000 unique monthly visits.
- CMS ($16/mo.): Create a content-driven site that can accommodate 100,000 monthly visits and record 2,000 items in your CMS database.
- Business ($36/mo.): Create a marketing-centric site or blog that can accommodate 500,000 monthly visits, store 10,000 records, and 2,000 form submissions.
- Enterprise (Custom pricing): If your company needs exclusive features, you can get this plan and contact the sales team to get a custom quote.
Do you intend to sell? Webflow also offers three eCommerce pricing tiers under the site plans:
- Standard ($29/mo.): This plan allows you to sell 500 products with a 2% transaction fee to be charged (on top of the payment providers processing fees).
- Plus ($74/mo.): Enjoy a 0% transaction fee and sell up to 1,000 products.
- Advanced ($212/mo.): This plan allows high-volume businesses to sell 3,000 items and unlimited yearly sales volume.
On the other hand, the account plans offer different pricing tiers for individuals and teams. You can start with the free plan to explore its features and user interface.
Webflow vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Website creators, eCommerce merchants, and front-end developers||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Starts at $12/month||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Feature-rich website builder without coding required, REST-based API, and uses Amazon’s Cloudfront CDN|
|Cons: Customer support response time is slow for complete beginners||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try Webflow||Try Squarespace|
8. Squarespace Alternative: GoDaddy
Largest Domain Registry & Web Hosting Solution For Businesses [$19.99 a month]
GoDaddy’s website builder is also popular for its ease of use. It features a clean and straightforward interface, so even a beginner in website-making can use it with a minimal learning curve.
However, this isn’t the reason it has become a suitable Squarespace alternative.
GoDaddy continues to stand tall because it features excellent marketing tools. One feature that is worth highlighting is its online appointment system.
This feature gives your site the flexibility to allow customers to book their own appointments.
Setting it up is easy. Simply add the online appointments section to your website, and you can do the following:
- Select what type of appointment you’ll offer – appointments, one-time events, or repeating events.
- List down all the important information such as available times, description, location, images, and more.
- Set the pricing tiers available – free, fixed, or custom pricing.
- Decide how you want to accept payments – require full payment online, deposit, or in-person.
This feature is perfect for service-based businesses. I’ve included a screenshot for you to see all the marketing tools you can add to your website.
GoDaddy is also the most trusted business hosting solution.
Whether you’re running a high-traffic eCommerce store or a resource-intensive site, GoDaddy can support your needs. It can provide you with the following:
- Dedicated CPU and RAM for ultra-fast speed
- Robust security
- And cPanel control panel for easy management
GoDaddy Pricing Plan
GoDaddy offers four subscription plans for its business hosting:
- Launch ($19.99/mo.): Create and publish multiple basic sites with 60 GB of storage space, 2 GB RAM, 1 virtually allocated CPU core, and more.
- Enhance ($34.99/mo.): If you have a high-traffic site, this plan can provide you 90 GB of storage space, 4 GB RAM, 2 virtually allocated CPU cores, and more.
- Grow ($44.99/mo.): This plan is dedicated to an eCommerce site with advanced features. You can get 120 GB of storage space, 6 GB RAM, 3 virtually allocated CPU cores, and more.
- Expand ($59.99/mo.): This is the perfect plan to get for photographers and creators who have resource-heavy sites. Enjoy up to 150 GB of storage space, 8 GB RAM, 4 virtually allocated CPU cores, and more.
Explore what GoDaddy can offer by signing up for its free plan.
GoDaddy vs Squarespace At A Glance
|Best for: Entrepreneurs, eCommerce merchants, & creative professionals||Best for: Blogs, eCommerce stores, creative websites, and event management services|
|Pricing: Starts at $19.99/month||Pricing: Starts at $12/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Unlimited SSL security, dedicated CPU & RAM, over 150 free apps, and a free Microsoft 365 email account|
|Cons: Lacks customization flexibility, fewer template selections, & limited features||Cons: Complex setup for multilingual websites and steep learning curves|
|Try GoDaddy||Try Squarespace|
Squarespace is indeed tough to beat as the best all-around website-building platform. You can create all types of online projects and websites quickly.
However, if you’re looking for a platform that gives you more creative freedom, I suggest using Webflow.
Webflow website builder has a combination of unstructured and structured design. Therefore, you can customize all elements in the website without limitations.
Their wide variety of function-specific tools also plays a vital role in achieving business success.
Do you have a favorite? Share it with us through the comment section.