In this post, expect to read the impartial Squarespace vs. GoDaddy comparison where its key features and other highlights are listed side by side.
With tons of available platforms today, selecting the best website builder is a true challenge. I make it simpler by testing two of the popular web-building platforms – Squarespace and GoDaddy.
After long hours spent on template design exploration and website creation, I finally determine the best use for each website builder. The result will help you determine which Squarespace or GoDaddy is ideal for your project or business.
Let’s jump right into it.
- 1. Squarespace vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
- 2. Who Is Squarespace Best For?
- 3. Who Is GoDaddy Best For?
- 4. A Close Look At The Features Of Squarespace and GoDaddy
- 5. Key Features Of Squarespace
- #2 Customizable Templates
- #3 eCommerce Tools
- #4 Acuity Scheduling
- #5 Squarespace Extensions
- 6. Key Features Of GoDaddy
- 7. Squarespace vs. GoDaddy – Pros And Cons
- 8. Where Do I Get The Most For My Money?
- 9. Conclusion – Which Is Better: Squarespace or GoDaddy?
- 10. Squarespace vs. GoDaddy – FAQ
1. Squarespace vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
It’s undeniable that Squarespace and GoDaddy are popular household names when it comes to web hosting and building. Both are proven effective, but let’s find out which of them is worth using.
|Best for design. Excellent design choices for ready-made templates. Support for plugins and apps. Starts at $12/month.||Best for Overall. Extensive support for SEO tools bundled with built-in analytics for traffic metrics. Starts at $9.99/month.|
|Try Squarespace||Try GoDaddy|
2. Who Is Squarespace Best For?
Squarespace provides a simple drag-and-drop website editor that is fully equipped with advanced features and tools and hundreds of beautiful templates. This makes them a perfect platform for photographers, graphic designers, and anyone who wants to create eCommerce stores, blogs, and online portfolios.
For skilled developers, they can take advantage of Squarespace Developer Tools which they can use to customize their very own CSS styling and everything else in the website’s framework. The advantage of using this web building platform is it offers a 14-day trial period on all paid plans.
3. Who Is GoDaddy Best For?
GoDaddy features a simple website editor. Tech savvies or not, GoDaddy assured you can create a great-looking, responsive website for your project or business hassle-free. The basic features included in it are also ideal for busy professionals who want to create and launch their websites fast.
Build a professional-looking and strong online store now by getting GoDaddy’s eCommerce plan.
4. A Close Look At The Features Of Squarespace and GoDaddy
Both Squarespace and GoDaddy offer a user-friendly web-building platform that includes incredible features. The question is, how are these features help in achieving your desired design while satisfying your business or project’s needs?
|Adding Customized Codes|
|Inventory Tracking for eCommerce store|
|Appointment Scheduling Tool|
|Get Started||Try Squarespace||Try GoDaddy|
5. Key Features Of Squarespace
#1 Website Builder
Squarespace provides a well-equipped and organized website builder to easily achieve your desired design.
In early 2020, Squarespace launched their new 7.1 version where which introduces new tools for their Site Styles to ensure you can make a more fine-tuned modification. A few of the style settings you can manage here are the fonts, colors, animations, spacing, and more.
Tweak your template design more efficiently and without losing the original content is now possible. Part of the 7.1 version includes the following features:
- Template switch
- Portfolio pages
- Audio blocks
- Gallery sections
Squarespace is best to use for blogs, online portfolios, and eCommerce stores.
#2 Customizable Templates
Thanks to Squarespace’s award-winning template selection, piquing your target audience’s interest becomes simpler.
All Squarespace’s templates feature an industry-targeted design and are highly customizable to easily fit into your personal and business style. To provide the utmost convenience, each template is built with a pre-designed page that is dedicated to a specific purpose – About, Blog, Contact, Portfolio, Products, and more.
#3 eCommerce Tools
Whether you are selling physical products offline or online services, Squarespace has the right solution to offer.
Just like with the websites, Squarespace provides a complete website structure and design for eCommerce stores. Each design is dedicated to a specific product to sell – subscriptions, digital content, services, and more. A few of the features that can be included in the design are the following:
- Product quick view and image zoom for customers to have a better look at the product
- Product subcategories for easy navigation and search
- Customizable and mobile-optimized checkout
- Ability to create automatic discounts and offer free shipping
#4 Acuity Scheduling
For eCommerce stores, working 24/7 is a must. Squarespace understands how exhausting it can be, and that is why they offer an Acuity product Appointment Scheduling Block.
This scheduling feature allows your customer to view the available schedule for your services and book it on their own. It’s a plus that you can also customize and automate most of your website functions – appointment confirmations, reminders, follow-ups, and more.
Appointment Scheduling offers a free 14-day trial where you can explore all the features under the Emerging plan ($14/mo.). Other price plans offered are Growing ($23/mo.) and Powerhouse ($45/mo.). Not satisfied with this feature? No worries, just let it expire and you no longer need to deal with it.
#5 Squarespace Extensions
Squarespace’s website is guaranteed responsive. If you are not satisfied with its performance, you can always improve it by adding its compatible third-party extensions. Each extension is designed for a specific function – shipping and fulfillment, finance, inventory, marketing, and sales.
Properly connect your desired built-in extension to better streamline your online stores.
6. Key Features Of GoDaddy
#1 Website Editor
GoDaddy’s simple web builder allows you to create a website fast. With its straightforward and organized editing tools, including 20+ theme filters, you can conveniently customize each page’s fonts, colors, buttons, and add important details in an instant.
This web builder also features a click-and-drag reorder to easily move a section from one position to another.
Mobile, tablet, or desktop – GoDaddy’s websites are guaranteed to have it fully optimized for all devices with rapid page-load performance.
#2 eCommerce Stores
Build the ultimate online store that every customer wishes to visit. GoDaddy makes it all possible by offering its E-Store feature.
This feature is fully equipped with a variety of selling tools that can manage hundreds to thousands of products. They also offer flexible shipping and payment options, multilingual stores, and support for multiple currencies to assure you are ready to sell all around the globe.
A responsive website will eventually go to waste if it isn’t visible to your visitors or couldn’t be properly indexed by Google. Ease your mind that GoDaddy won’t allow it to happen as they provide you the InSight™.
The InSight™ works by consistently measuring your website’s performance. It will give you a score – a high score means it is performing well in terms of engaging visitors; while a low score requires improvements. For sections that require immediate improvement, GoDaddy will help you address it all by providing personalized recommendations.
The scores are computed based on various factors, such as:
- Website traffic
- Total number of visits that convert into sales or bookings
- Engaged customers from connected social media accounts
#4 Blogging Applications
Blogging is an effective method of spreading awareness about your business, naturally brings people to your site and converts them into paying customers, and builds trust.
Start blogging today and enjoy all the opportunities it can bring to your business. GoDaddy blogs may not be as flexible as other blogging platforms, but they remain effective in creating a money-making blog.
#5 Data Security
With all the threats lingering around the web, having strong security tools to protect your content is convenient to have.
GoDaddy offers a complete security solution that assures you to keep your website and customers’ vital information secure. SSL certificates (DV, OV, and EV), website security (denial-of-service protection, a powerful firewall, etc.), and website backup are the primary tools available where each can stop cyber-attacks, eliminate unexpected downtimes, and more.
They also offer malware scanning that instantly alerts you whenever they identify malicious content. How often does GoDaddy Website Security scan your website? The malware scanning can work every 30-minute, 12-hour, or once a day. This will depend on the Website Security Suites plan you signed up with – standard, advanced, or premium.
7. Squarespace vs. GoDaddy – Pros And Cons
Squarespace and GoDaddy are two reputable companies that provide web hosting and building services. Though they provide amazing features and a stress-free website editor, each has its unique ups and downs.
|Recover deleted blog posts or pages on your website for the last 30 days||No auto-save feature on the website editor|
|Test all templates and themes available without losing the content and design layout of the existing website using the template switch||Using the web editing tools can take time before getting the hang of it|
|Offers modern and industry-targeted templates and themes||No SEO reporting tool included|
|Provide complete SEO tools and features to better help your website rank better on Google||Customer Care doesn’t offer phone support|
|Offer a better integration of various third-party services (Swiftype, Eventbrite, Wufoo, and more)|
Here are a few of the distinct pros and cons of GoDaddy that you need to look at before using their web building platform:
|Web Builder is designed with ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) technology to help you create websites with no coding required||Customizing the templates are restricted|
|Over 1,500 templates available for different industries||Blogging features and tools offered are basic and limited|
|Edit the template’s colors, fonts, and buttons fast||Selling offline is not allowed|
|Broad SEO support and gives the utmost ease in submitting an XML sitemap to Google||A few of the information available on the help centers is outdated|
|Auto-save feature on Web Editor available|
8. Where Do I Get The Most For My Money?
Build a strong online presence today without breaking the bank. Here’s a summary of Squarespace and GoDaddy price plans to know which one suits your needs and budget:
Squarespace Price Plans
“Only pay for what you really need” – Squarespace keeps this promise by offering their customers four simple price plans.
All four plans are available to pay monthly and annually. For added convenience, Squarespace gives you the freedom to stop the service or switch plans at any time. Read below to know what to expect for each price plan:
- Personal ($12/mo.): The personal plan is ideal for creating websites and blogs for small business owners and creative individuals. This plan includes the important aspect of the website: custom domain, SSL security, unlimited storage and bandwidth, SEO features, well-designed templates, 2 contributors allowed, basic website metrics, and managing third-party extensions.
- Basic Commerce ($26/mo.): Get this plan and enjoy creating a reliable and responsive online store. All the features included are similar to the Business plan, except for the commerce tools. Instead of 4, the Basic commerce plan has 11 handy tools and Squarespace charges a 0% transaction fee on sales.
- Advanced Commerce ($40/mo.): If you’re not satisfied with what you’re getting on the basic, you can always switch to the Advanced Commerce plan. Squarespace also will not charge a transaction fee on this plan with the additional 5 tools for the commerce tools – abandoned cart recovery, sell subscriptions, advanced shipping and discounts, and more.
Are you a faculty member who wants to widen your professional network? Or maybe a student who wants to start building your online portfolio? If yes, you’re in luck as Squarespace also offers an Education Program where it gives a 50% discount on any annually-paid plan.
GoDaddy Price Plans
Just like with Squarespace, GoDaddy layout their price plans as simply as possible. Here’s a better look at each plan:
All four plans offer a 1-month free trial, giving you the freedom to explore its functions and template designs. They also include standard features – website security, custom domain connection, on-the-go editing, guidance and analytics powered by GoDaddy InsightTM, and 24/7 support.
- Basic ($9.99/mo.): Start building your online presence with GoDaddy’s Basic plan. This plan also includes social media and email marketing tools – manage 1 social media platform, 5 responses to customers allowed, and 100 email marketing campaigns to compose and send.
- Standard ($14.99/mo.): Promoting your products or services has never been easy with the GoDaddy Standard plan. All features of the Basic plan are included in this plan with an additional built-in website optimizer (SEO). For the social media and email marketing tools – manage 3 social media platforms, 20 responses to customers allowed, and 500 email marketing campaigns to compose and send.
- Premium ($19.99/mo.): For growing businesses, getting a Premium plan is a smart move. This price plan allows you to manage unlimited numbers of social media platforms, send unlimited responses to customers, and compose/send up to 25,000 email marketing campaigns.
- eCommerce ($24.99/mo.): This plan is dedicated to medium- and large-sized online stores. It contains all the features available in the Premium plan with additional eCommerce tools – product listings, flexible shipping options, and discount and promotional features.
9. Conclusion – Which Is Better: Squarespace or GoDaddy?
GoDaddy may have the advantage when it comes to domain registration and web hosting, but Squarespace’s web-building platform is undoubtedly the winner. Here’s my final take:
GoDaddy created the most convenient website editor. With its ADI design, it becomes perfect to use for individuals who don’t have a lot of time to create a website and with no website creation experience. Their features may not be as flexible as with Squarespace, but they are proven effective as well.
10. Squarespace vs. GoDaddy – FAQ
In this Squarespace vs. GoDaddy comparison post, I collated four frequently asked questions and answered them all in the simplest way possible.
Is Squarespace available internationally?
Yes, Squarespace may be based in the U.S. but they are available internationally. As of today, there are 26 countries that Squarespace supports.
How to track your site’s search engine ranking on GoDaddy?
You can track your website’s Google search ranking by going to the Search Engine Optimization dashboard. For more in-depth monitoring, you can always hook your site up with a third-party SEO extension.
Can you move your site from another platform to Squarespace?
Yes. Whether it is a personal website, blog, or online store, it can easily import to Squarespace. A few of the platforms that can be moved are WordPress, Tumbler, GoDaddy, and Blogger sites.
How many Online Appointment sections are allowed to add to the GoDaddy website?
GoDaddy only allows one Online Appointment section per website. If you are unsatisfied with it or its current position, you can delete it or move it to any desired page/section without losing any information.