Weebly is a web hosting service by trade, but its popularity skyrocketed for providing the easiest website builder to use. If it doesn’t satisfy you, don’t worry, there are many Weebly alternatives available, and here, I’ll highlight the best options.
Weebly makes creating a website and online store easy and affordable. However, this is not the best option for building sites with an extensive blog or eCommerce features.
With over ten years of creating and developing websites, I’ve compiled the best website builder to replace Weebly entirely. In today’s post, I’ll list the top 7+, including their respective pricing tiers, features, and who will benefit from them the most.
Let’s get this review rolling and determine which Weebly alternative is suitable for your personal or business site.
1. Weebly Alternative: Wix
Cloud-Based Web Development Platform With Multiple Website Builder Options [Free | $4.50 a month]
Wix is one of the strongest competitors of Weebly because it boasts not only one but five website builders. They intentionally do so to ensure users of all skill levels can easily create their site.
The best part of website builders is that most of them are free to use.
Wix Editor is the available website builder by default. It’s completely free and built with a simple drag-and-drop function for easy addition of elements.
Its platform is divided into several sections:
- The top bar menu contains the tools to navigate your site’s pages and other vital settings easily.
- The left-side menu contains all the essential tools and elements you can add to every page.
- An additional menu is provided once you right-click any element on the page. The options and actions included vary on the element you choose to modify.
You can use this website builder to create a website from scratch using a blank template. Or, select one of the thousands of high-quality, pre-designed templates available if you don’t have the time.
People spend more time using their mobile devices. Reach out to them by creating a mobile version of your website.
You can easily create a fully functional and responsive website using Wix Mobile Editor.
It provides mobile-only tools and elements that can boost the site’s user engagement and ease of navigation. A few of these are listed as follows:
- Quick action bar
- Welcome screen
- Chrome theme color
- Page layout optimizer
If you prefer to run the desktop version only, you can permanently disable the mobile-friendly by simply clicking its toggle (under settings).
The third website builder available is the Wix Editor X. It’s the perfect platform to create advanced websites.
It also features a drag-and-drop editor with additional real-time team collaboration tools.
Yes, your team and clients can work seamlessly on a specific project from start to finish. Inside the platform, you can assign roles and tasks for each member and client, leave notes, and more.
A CMS is also provided to manage all your content efficiently.
Do you want a quick website-building solution? Then, the Wix ADI builder is the right option to get.
This is an A.I.-powered website builder that automatically generates a well-structured web design by simply answering a few questions.
The best part of this is that all the above-mentioned website builders provide this option.
Velo by Wix is the last website builder it offers, and it’s perfect for web professionals creating their own web applications.
If you want to take a look at website builders that are close to Wix then check out this article on Wix Alternatives.
On the other hand, if you want to see how Wix goes toe-to-toe with Weebly, there’s this specific article that I made just for that comparison.
Wix Pricing Plan
As standard, the Wix Editor is available for everyone free of charge.
The free plan also hosts the website under its domain (accountname.wixsite.com/siteaddress) and provides 500 MB worth of storage space (1 GB for bandwidth). If you need more, you can always purchase any of its annual subscription premium plans:
- Website Plans: $4.50/month to $24.50/month
- Business & eCommerce Plans: $17/month to $35/month
Wix also created separate subscription plans for its Editor X. Here are the annual subscription premium plans you can choose:
- Website Plans: $17/month to $39/month
- Business & eCommerce Plans: $22/month to $165/month
Get started with Wix by getting its free website builder or trial version for 14 days (no credit card required).
If you’re curious about how much Wix truly costs, you can read my Wix review of its pricing plans.
Wix vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Entrepreneurs, developers, content creators, & eCommerce merchants||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Editor X, mobile editor, & visual UI Editor for web apps||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: No editing support for touchscreen devices and no auto-save function||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try Wix||Try Weebly|
2. Weebly Alternative: Squarespace
All-In-One Content Management System With Modern Website Building & eCommerce Platform [$12 a month]
Blog, eCommerce store, professional portfolio, or a website to publish Podcast episodes – Squarespace can provide all the tools you need.
Unlike Wix, Squarespace only provides one website builder. It also features a drag-and-drop function for moving sections and elements.
For quick editing, its interface also adds a point-and-click function.
Select any elements on the web page, and a menu will appear that contains all the options available.
Other changes you can make inside this popular website builder are:
- Adding content with blocks
- Changing background and colors
- Formatting your images for display
- Add search engine optimization (SEO)
- Add a blog page with an audio block to publish podcast episodes.
If you’re building an online store, there are tons of eCommerce tools you can add.
The tools provided vary on the type of products you want to sell. Currently, Squarespace offers four different product types, and those are:
- Physical products
- Digital products
- Service products
- Gift cards
You can sell any of these products as a one-time purchase or multi-tiered subscriptions.
Since Squarespace is a content management system, it provides an efficient way to organize your content and products.
There are two parts created, and the first one is dedicated to store pages. This is an excellent place to include all the essential details of the products, such as title, price, and availability.
The other part is dedicated to product detail pages.
These are sub-pages of a store page, and it contains the image and detailed information about the products. You also have the option to add your social media channels, so your customers will know where to find your products.
Squarespace is not only limited to building your website. They can also help you grow and reach your target audience through their search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing tools.
If you want to see a much more in-depth guide as to how Squarespace goes against Weebly, take a look at this article.
Squarespace Pricing Plan
Squarespace is available in four monthly or annual subscription plans, and it starts at:
- Personal ($12/mo.): Includes unlimited bandwidth and storage capacity with two collaborators to add.
- Business ($18/mo.): Sell unlimited products with a 3% transaction fee on sales.
- Basic Commerce ($26/mo.): No transaction fees are charged on sales, and additional social media channels are provided to sell on.
- Advanced Commerce ($40/mo.): Create websites and sell products without limitations.
Choose any plan and try them for 14 days free of charge. Sign up for its trial version to get started.
Squarespace vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Small business owners, eCommerce merchants, and creative professionals||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $12/month||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: No-coding website builder with tons of customizable templates||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: No available A/B testing tool, and real-time phone support||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try Squarespace||Try Weebly|
3. Weebly Alternative: WordPress
Open-Source Website Creation Platform For Feature-Rich Blogs [$4 a month]
WordPress is one of the most powerful Weebly competitors today. It’s packed with tons of user-friendly editing tools and plugins, perfect for creating websites of all types.
But since it’s created as an open-source content management system, it excels more in creating feature-rich blogs.
Just like with Weebly, its website builder is free to use. But it is far different when it comes to interface design and function.
If you’re new to website creation, you need time to learn how it works.
Its website builder is created into two separate platforms: theme and page builder.
The theme builder features a clean and organized interface.
The left-side menu contains all the elements and options you can add/change to your website. You can also click the pencil icon (beside each element) for quick access to their settings.
The lower part of the left-side menu is where you can select your preferred view style – desktop, tablet, or mobile.
The page builder is much easier to navigate and use. It’s built with a point-and-click function for quick editing.
Simply click the plus (+) icon if you want to add content blocks.
Here are the popular blocks you can add:
- Text: Paragraph, heading, list, code, quote, and more
- Media: Gallery, audio, file, slideshow, video, and more
- Design: Columns, separator, site logo, dynamic HR, and more
- Widgets: Shortcode, custom HTML, RSS, post carousel, and more
- Theme: Login/out, post list, navigation (horizontal/vertical), and more
- Embeds: Social media channels, Spotify, map, Vimeo, and more
- Crowdsignal: Poll, vote, feedback button, and more
- Earn: Donations, pricing table, payments, and more
- Grow: Business hours, Calendly, Mailchimp, premium content, and more
Built-in sitemaps and other SEO tools are also provided to ensure your fans will find your site.
When searching for WordPress in the search engine platforms, WordPress.com and WordPress.org will often show up. Is there a critical difference between the two platforms?
Yes, there is because they are two different platforms. The website builder I’ve discussed above is only one of the many strengths of WordPress.com.
It also takes care of website hosting.
On the other hand, WordPress.org is popularly known as self-hosted WordPress. It allows you to purchase your preferred domain name and web host.
It also provides you complete control in building your eCommerce sites, memberships, or small business websites.
If you’re looking for WordPress alternatives, take a look at this complete article on your options.
WordPress Pricing Plan
WordPress is offered in four different subscription plans payable on a monthly or annual billing cycle. Each plan contains all the features your site needs to grow:
- Personal ($4/mo.): It provides a 1-year free domain, removes WordPress ads, accepts payments, and more.
- Premium ($8/mo.): The popular plan that allows you to earn ad revenue, get access to its unlimited premium themes, Google Analytics integration, and more.
- Business ($25/mo.): It provides you with advanced SEO tools, automated site backups, one-click restore, SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and database access, and more.
- eCommerce ($45/mo.): It allows you to accept payments in 60+ countries and integrations with top shipping carriers. You also get access to premium design options customized for online stores.
Unfortunately, there’s no trial version included for each paid plan. But you can explore its platform by creating a free account.
WordPress vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Content creators, bloggers, students, & website owners||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $4/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Thousands of themes and plugins possible to add and install||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: Not suitable for beginners (coding knowledge required)||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try WordPress||Try Weebly|
4. Weebly Alternative: Webflow
Website Building & Hosting Platform With No-Code Visual Editor [Free | $12 a month]
Webflow Editor is ideal for anyone looking for a WordPress-like platform with more design flexibility and easier to use.
It allows web designers and tech-savvy individuals to create custom websites without coding.
Simply add the elements on the web page, neatly arrange them, and the Webflow designer will automatically translate them into semantic codes.
The editor is built with a left-side menu. It contains all the actions and options you can add to the main structure of your website.
Here’s what you can expect to see:
- Add unstyled HTML elements on the web page
- Create reusable symbols like signup forms and footers
- Manage element structure
- Customize your CMS data and eCommerce products
The top view is where you can set the view style you prefer – desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Lastly, the right-side menu covers all the settings and options available for your website’s style, like:
- Create a CSS-based class system
- Build your layout on Flexbox or CSS grid
- Add fonts and customize their sizes
- Make your site livelier by adding beautiful colors
The primary advantage it has with WordPress is that it doesn’t include an independent dashboard.
You can manage everything without leaving Webflow Editor. You can find the site’s structure level and its hierarchy through the navigator section.
To add new content, go to the Pages section.
Click the gear icon beside the name of each page to update or manage its settings (general, SEO, site search, and more).
Webflow Pricing Plan
Webflow is offered in 3 different types of plans. All subscription plans are available in monthly and annual billing cycles.
Under the site plans, here are the subscription plans you can choose from:
- Website: $12/month to $36/month
- eCommerce: $29/month to $212/month
Its account plans are also divided into two categories:
- Individual: Free to $35/month
- Teams ($35/person): This plan is designed per seat
The last type of plan is dedicated to enterprises. Here, you can customize the tools and capacity limits you’ll get to fit your business needs.
You can contact the sales team to get a personalized quote based on your requirements.
Webflow vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Web professionals, content creators, bloggers, & eCommerce merchants||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $4/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Creating custom databases and adding interactions & animations||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: Site plans include a 100 static pages limit with no available phone support||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try Webflow||Try Weebly|
5. Weebly Alternative: Volusion
All-In-One eCommerce Store Building Platform [$26.10 a month]
Volusion is built to simplify the creation process of an eCommerce store for everyone. They successfully deliver this by providing an easy-to-use site builder.
To ensure it will provide the utmost convenience, its creators equipped it with the following tools:
- Tons of responsive and customizable themes
- Collapsible content builder (located on the right side of the builder)
- CSS editor
- Navigation editor
- Tools to customize the product category pages
They added advanced search functionality to help your customers find a specific product quickly.
There are two ways how to add products – individual and bulk.
For a single product, click the t-shirt icon on the left-side menu. It will then display a simple form where you can add the important product details.
While for bulk upload, you can use the Volusion import/export system (Inventory > Import/Export).
Once all products are added, you can start setting up an intuitive order system using the following tools:
- Barcode generator
- Tax rate calculator
- Firewall settings
- Define currency and payment methods
- Customer accounts management system
- CRM system to manage sales tickets
- Dropshipping integration
To complete the package, Volusion is equipped with advanced reporting. By default, it can run a standard report for a specific period.
But you can also generate reports for the following:
- ROI tracking
- Affiliate stats
- And search term your customers are looking for
Volusion Pricing Plan
Volusion is offered in four simple subscription plans. Each plan contains all the tools that can help your online store grow.
- Personal ($26.10/mo.): Provide a $50k limit per year on its Gross Merchandise Volume (GMV), add one staff account, sell 100 products, and more.
- Professional ($71.10/mo.): Provide $100k GMV per year, add five staff accounts, sell 5,000 products, and more.
- Business ($269.10/mo.): Provide $500k GMV per year, add 15 staff accounts, sell unlimited products, integrations to Amazon and eBay, advanced report builder, and more.
- Prime (Custom Pricing): Sell without limitations is what this plan is all about. Unlike the other plans, you must contact the sales team to get a personalized quote based on your business needs.
You can try the first three subscription plans for free by signing up for its 14-day trial version. If you want to explore the Prime plan, you can contact the sales team to book a demo.
Volusion vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Marketers, eCommerce merchants, & web professionals||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $26.10/month||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Easy-to-use site builder with SEO tools and product variant pricing||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: Phone support is only available starting with the Professional plan||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try Volusion||Try Weebly|
6. Weebly Alternative: BigCommerce
Largest eCommerce Platform With Customizable Storefront Builder [$29.95 a month]
BigCommerce may not be the cheapest website builder you can find. But it’s reliable in running high-volume online stores.
It contains all the tools you need to create an online store and run a successful business.
The page builder is the first one on the list. Inside, you can freely customize every aspect of the storefront to ensure it will reflect your brand.
Here are a few of the elements you can add and customize:
- Theme style to customize attributes (colors, text, etc.)
- Content widgets (images, videos, banners, etc.)
- Custom HTML blocks
- Edit theme files
- Checkout page
- Buttons and icons
You can access the page builder on your dashboard (Storefront › My Themes › Customize).
BigCommerce provides you with a default theme to get started. If you wish to explore more, there are plenty of designer-made themes (free and paid) at their store.
You also have the option to choose the design by collection or industry.
If you’re a web developer or hire one, you can take advantage of its Stencil Command-Line Interface (CLI). This permits you to do more advanced theme customization and development by editing its codes.
In using this feature, make sure you have the latest versions of the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Android Chrome browser (mobile)
- iPhone Safari browser (mobile)
Once you set up your store, you can begin to sell your products everywhere.
You can integrate your online store into top marketplaces like Amazon and Google Shopping. And also, tap new opportunities by connecting to all your social media channels.
If you have a physical store, you can automatically sync the in-store and online sales with its native POS systems.
BigCommerce Pricing Plan
BigCommerce is offered in four subscription plans. Its pricing rates are primarily based on the customer’s online sales limit per year:
- Standard ($29.95/mo.): $50,000 online sales per year
- Plus ($71.95/mo.): $180,000 online sales per year
- Pro ($269.96/mo.): $400,000 online sales per year (add $150/mo. for each additional $200k)
- Enterprise (Custom Pricing): This plan is recommended if you have more than $400k online sales per year or want to set your own limits.
Explore BigCommerce online store builder by signing up for its 15-day free trial.
BigCommerce vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Startups, small & medium-sized businesses, & large enterprises||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $26.95/month||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Payments in 100+ currencies, and 55+ payment providers available||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: Tech support via phone is only offered for US-based customers||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try BigCommerce||Try Weebly|
7. Weebly Alternative: Pixpa
Best Website Builder For Creatives [$7 a month]
Pixpa rose to fame for providing an all-in-one site-building platform where creative professionals can showcase their stunning work.
The best part of this is that they provide you with tons of built-in tools to help you complete your website.
Blog, portfolio, online store, forms, galleries, and so on – you can add them without the need to code. You can access all of these on your dashboard.
Inside the dashboard, you’re given a step-by-step guide to set up your first website quickly. There are a total of 6 steps, and the first one includes a short intro video.
I recommend watching the intro video because it helps new users to learn about the platform.
Pixpa dashboard interface has a close similarity with Squarespace. All its website parts are built in different independent sections:
- Website: Create, edit, and manage the site menu pages
- Store: You can activate your store and eCommerce galleries here once you decide to sell (print products, digital downloads, and services).
- Client Galleries: The section allows you to securely share and deliver your work with clients. You can group your works into albums and set their accessibility to private or public.
- Gallery apps: Give your client access to your work through mobile devices. This section provides you with tools to create a personalized mobile gallery app.
- Design: This contains all tools to help you customize your site’s design further. If you’re not satisfied, you have the option to switch themes.
All themes are niche-centric, so you wouldn’t take long to find the perfect theme for your site.
Pixpa Pricing Plan
Pixpa is offered in three simple subscription plans, monthly and annual:
- Personal ($7/mo.): Create a website with 15 pages or galleries, a blog, and an online store (sell up to 5 products).
- Expert ($10/mo.): Create a website with unlimited pages or galleries, and sell 25 products. You can also create custom photo apps (25).
- Business ($16/mo.): Grow your business without restrictions. You can store up to 50 GB of your original files.
All subscription plans include a 15-free trial. Sign up now and explore what Pixpa stored for you.
Pixpa vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Content creators, photographers, & small business owners||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $7/month||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: 1-year free domain name and eCommerce & client galleries||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: Limited third-party integrations and no available phone support||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try Pixpa||Try Weebly|
8. Weebly Alternative: Format
Best Website Builder For Online Portfolio [Free | $7 a month]
Weebly also provides powerful tools to help you create a stunning online portfolio. Students and professionals can take advantage of this feature.
However, if you’re looking for an online portfolio-building platform strictly for photographers and artists, Format is your best option.
They provide tons of stunning, profession-based templates which you can freely customize through their design editor.
Inside the design editor, you can access all the settings and attributes of the following:
- Website title and logo
- Social Sharing
You can take advantage of the Code Editor for anyone comfortable writing your own codes (CSS and HTML). You can also access this on the design editor.
Image editing is made simple because Format allows smooth integration to photo editing software (Lightroom and Capture One).
One advantage of this platform is that it allows you to host share-worthy video content. No need to depend on YouTube and other video streaming platforms.
Format Pricing Plan
Format is offered with a basic plan. At a low price of $7 a month, you can create your online portfolio and make it live.
But if you prefer the full suite version, you can purchase any of its subscription plans.
There are two sets of subscription plans available – portfolio and workflow. Let’s start with the portfolio:
- Pro ($15/mo.): Ideal for anyone starting their creative career
- Pro Plus ($25/mo.): The popular plan to grow your startup/small business
- Premium ($40/mo.): Recommended for established businesses
All portfolio subscription plans include a 14-day free trial without submitting credit card information.
Under workflow, here are the annual plans you can purchase:
- Free: Create ten client galleries, get 2 GB file transfer capacity, and more.
- Pro ($15/mo.): Create 50 client galleries, get 5 GB file transfer capacity, free domain for one year, and more.
- Pro Plus ($25/mo.): Create 100 client galleries, get 10 GB file transfer capacity, 1-year free email from Google, and more.
- Premium ($40/mo.): Create 250 client galleries and all Pro Plus features.
Create a free Workflow account and start building your online portfolio.
Format vs. Weebly At A Glance
|Best for: Photographers, artists, interior designers, and fashion designers||Best for: Service-based businesses handling customer success, and sales|
|Pricing: Starts at $7/month||Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)|
|Best feature: Plenty of design options, host video content, with built-in watermarks||Best feature: Easy-to-use builder and customizable website designs|
|Cons: No built-in options to add multiple languages and poor email support||Cons: No automatic backup is available for store pages and blogs|
|Try Format||Try Weebly|
Weebly is a powerful site-building platform recommended for anyone who wants to quickly create and publish a website. However, if you’re looking for more creative freedom and functionalities, Wix is a better option.
You can create a website tailored to your business or purpose without coding.
You also can choose the type of site builder to use that best suits your design skill level. The ADI builder is recommended for beginners and anyone new to website creation.
Wix Editor X and Velo are ideal for entrepreneurs and web professionals developing custom apps.
There you go, my 7+ best Weebly alternatives. There are more website builders that are better than Weebly (GoDaddy, Jimdo, Duda, etc.), so feel free to share your recommendations in the comment section.