If you’re looking for flexible or affordable Wix alternatives, you’ve landed on the right web page.
Building my very first website was both exciting and intimidating. Wix is one of the many web-building platforms I’ve used that comes with the right design and set of features for my business needs.
However, there are still features that require improvements or are simply lacking. If you feel the same way, here are the 7+ best Wix alternatives you can use which include their strongest features, pricing structures, and more.
Let’s begin the head-to-head comparison.
1. Wix Alternative: Squarespace
All-In-One Website Building Platform For Content Creators & Entrepreneurs [Starts at $12 a month]
Wix and Squarespace are known for having tight competition. This isn’t surprising as the two offer almost the same set of features.
But of course, Squarespace manages to take its lead by adding more convenient functions to its website builder.
Aside from managing all aspects of your account, it’s also equipped with an AI-powered assistant.
This feature suggests what are the available elements you can add to your website.
On the main editing workspace, its structured design allows you to drag and drop any elements on any rows or columns.
The great thing about this is that all changes you’ve made are reflected on both desktop and mobile views which is one thing you can’t get in Wix.
Another great advantage of Squarespace is it can manage, publish, and syndicate podcasts.
You can set it up with ease by adding a blog page with audio blocks. Here, you can add up to 300 podcast episodes.
I’ve done an in-depth Wix vs Squarespace comparison post. You can check it out if you want to know the complete differences between the two website-building platforms.
Squarespace Pricing Plan
Squarespace offers four subscription plans with a 14-day free trial to test it out. You can also sign up for trial access without putting your credit card information.
- Personal ($12/mo.): This plan gives you a total of 10 features that includes one year of free domain registration, unlimited bandwidth and storage, and 2 contributors to work with.
- Business ($18/mo.): This is the most popular subscription plan and it gives you 21 total features. Apart from the core features, it also covers full-scale marketing features and limited commerce tools.
- Basic Commerce ($26/mo.): Build your eCommerce from the ground up with this subscription plan. You can enjoy a 0% transaction fee on sales and use the limited availability labels to know the latest status of your product inventory.
- Advanced Commerce ($40/mo.): Grow your business without limitations is what this subscription plan guarantees.
Squarespace also offers a student discount. So, if you’re a student building your portfolio, you can take advantage of this discount.
Squarespace vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Small businesses, eCommerce stores, artists’ portfolios, & blogs||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $12/month||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: Reliable 24/7 email support & added support via Twitter (@SquarespaceHelp)||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: Doesn’t support back-order function & steep learning curve for beginners||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try Squarespace||Try Wix|
2. Wix Alternative: Weebly
Simple Website Builder For Small Businesses & eCommerce [Free | Starts at $5 a month]
Wix offers six simple ways to create a website. Weebly makes an impressive effort in making it easy by only following four simple steps.
And it starts by choosing a template.
There are hundreds to choose from and each is designed for a specific purpose. You can access 63 more templates if you’re creating advanced websites.
Once you pick the template you want, you can start selecting the features your website needs.
The next step is by adding your professionally crafted logo (maximum size of 5MB). If you haven’t created a logo yet, you can simply skip this step.
Lastly, add your style to it – tweak the colors and font styles.
Entering the website builder, you will be welcomed with a new design.
The website builder is now divided into three main parts:
- The top section contains the page list, three-dotted icons, and the add button (section, page, item, and category). You can also access the view option (mobile or desktop), undo and redo option, and buttons for guides, preview, and publish.
- The left side is dedicated to the page sections.
- Click any page section and it will display its content on the right window pane.
The new design eliminates the drag-and-drop function. But don’t worry because it remains easy to use.
If you want to move any elements from the current design, all you have to do is click the three-dotted icon on the top section.
Get to know more about Weebly’s difference from Wix by reading my comprehensive Wix vs. Weebly comparison post.
Weebly Pricing Plan
One major advantage of Weebly is it offers a free subscription plan where you can get limited access to its core features. On top of that, it has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
While its other subscription plans have a similar structure to Wix.
They created four plans for their website category (including the free plan) and three for the online store category. Here are the subscription plans you can avail of under websites:
- Connect ($5/mo.): This plan can connect your website to a custom domain. You can also enjoy all the free plan features.
- Pro ($12/mo.): Get this plan and you’ll get a free domain ($20 value), $100 credit for Google ads, site search function, accepts payment via Square and third-party providers, and advanced site stats.
- Business ($25/mo.): For growing online stores and businesses, this is the recommended subscription plan to get.
If you want full access to Weebly’s advanced eCommerce and marketing feature, you can always get their Business plus at $38 a month (under online stores).
Weebly vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Blog, eCommerce stores, service websites, and creative professionals||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $5/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: Google ads credit worth $100, domain name search/registration, & inventory tools||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: No included Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) feature and automatic restore option||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try Weebly||Try Wix|
3. Wix Alternative: Shopify
All-In-One eCommerce Platform For New & Growing Businesses [Starts at $29 a month]
When it comes to building and hosting an eCommerce store, Shopify is a strong competitor.
Its features and platform are built to support businesses of all sizes, including ones that are new to in-person selling.
Once you purchase any of its monthly, annual, or biennial subscription plans, you’re eligible to sell unlimited products, add staff members, and more.
All these can easily manage on your very own dashboard.
Shopify offers three methods for creating your first eCommerce store:
- Using the default theme provided
- Upload a theme
- Explore its theme store for free and paid templates
Whichever methods you choose, you’ll be redirected to its store editor.
For first-time users, the store editor’s interface may lack flexibility compared with the Wix website builder. So, it requires a bit more time to get the hang of it.
But everything else is pretty straightforward.
Aside from the online store, you’re also eligible to create a blog, add sales channels, and host them all on their platform.
Yes, Shopify also features a domain search, registry, and generator on its platform.
Read my Wix vs. Shopify comparison to find out more about their key differences.
How Does Shopify Compare To Wix?
Shopify Pricing Plan
Shopify offers simple pricing tiers for its subscription plans.
- Basic Shopify ($29/mo.): This plan allows you to create 2 staff accounts, add 4 inventory locations, sell in 133 currencies, and more.
- Shopify ($79/mo.): Get this plan if you intend to create 5 staff accounts, add 5 inventory locations, and sell using an international domain and pricing.
- Advanced Shopify ($299/mo.): This is the recommended plan for growing businesses with 2+ retail stores, local and international.
If your business is on the enterprise level, it offers a ShopifyPlus plan. Reach out to their sales team now to get a custom pricing quote.
Shopify vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Solopreneurs & online sellers with up to 2 retail stores (new & experienced)||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $29/month||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: Shopping cart solutions, web-based website builder with full-featured CMS & blog||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: Additional transaction fees for using an external payment gateway||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try Shopify||Try Wix|
4. Wix Alternative: WordPress
Most Popular Website Builder & Open-Source CMS Platform [Free | Starts at $4 a month]
WordPress has tons of advantages over Wix but its blogging features stand out the most.
Its platform provides you with all the features and tools your blog could need.
- Select from thousands of stunning and mobile-ready templates.
- Optimized your blog using built-in SEO tools for maximum visibility.
- Equip with powerful statistics to easily track your blog’s activities and performance.
- Add unique functions using its plugins.
You can also fully utilize its all-in-one hosting service for hassle-free and secure domain registration.
WordPress Pricing Plan
WordPress offers four subscription plans where each is dedicated to a specific user type:
- Personal ($4/mo.): For anyone starting a passion project or a personal blog, this plan is recommended to get. Here, you’ll get a free domain for a year, host your site without WordPress ads, collect payments, and get unlimited email support.
- Premium ($8/mo.): A popular plan for freelancers. Get this plan and you’ll enjoy 24/5 live chat support, earn ad revenue, access to premium themes, and Google Analytics integration.
- Business ($25/mo.): Grow your small business by adding WordPress plugins, SEO advanced tools, automated site backups and one-click restore, and SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) and database access.
- eCommerce ($45/mo.): Increase your online store’s profitability by accepting payments in 60+ countries, integrations with top shipping carriers, and adding premium designs.
Start creating your personal blog or online store with WordPress free subscription plan.
WordPress vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with eCommerce stores||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $4/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, and simple website builder||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try WordPress||Try Wix|
5. Wix Alternative: Gator Website Builder
Intuitive Website Builder For Small & Medium-sized Businesses [Starts at $3.84 a month]
Creating a website fast is possible with Gator website builder thanks to its AI-powered design function.
This has a similar approach to the Wix ADI feature. It will show up a series of questions and based on your answers, it will generate a stunning, industry-specific layout and design.
Saves time and effort.
After generating your design, it will redirect you to the website builder where you can add your content and personal style to it.
HostGator includes tons of web tools for you to reach and convert your visitors into loyal and satisfied customers.
One of the effective tools available is embedding a short snippet of HTML code on each web page.
Other parts of your website where you can add this feature are on the header or footer. You can do this by clicking the manage then advanced option.
Gator Website Builder Pricing Plan
HostGator offers affordable subscription plans to easily fit everyone’s budget.
- Express Start ($3.84/mo.): This plan gives you full access to their intelligent site builder, 3-email campaign limit per month, and add 3 products to your store.
- Express Site ($5.99/mo.): This is the most recommended plan to get. It provides you a 5-email campaign limit per month, adds 10 products to your store, access to appointment bookings, and priority support.
- Express Store ($9.22/mo.): Here, you’ll get a 10-email campaign limit per month, add unlimited products, and no transaction fees charged on every sale.
Get any of these subscription plans and you’ll also receive the free domain, hosting, and SSL certificates.
Gator vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Marketers, content creators, SMB owners, and aspiring entrepreneurs||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $3.84/month||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: Simple & intuitive site builder and subscription plans include generous extras||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: Templates come with basic designs||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try HostGator||Try Wix|
6. Wix Alternative: BigCommerce
Most Trusted eCommerce Platform For Growing & Established Businesses [Starts at $29.95 a month]
BigCommerce is another eCommerce platform on my list.
Compared to its competitor, Shopify, it remains the best for built-in features.
Its page builder is designed intuitively with a simple drag-and-drop function. So, even if you’re not tech-savvy, you can still customize your store to your heart’s content.
You can also connect several API plugins into your store to add new functions on point-of-sale, shipping, distribution, and inventory management.
BigCommerce can also help you make a wonderful and hassle-free shopping experience. They deliver this by streamlining the checkout process:
- Optimize your one-page checkout to ensure secure entry of credit card information.
- Add auto-fill of shipping and billing information for returning customers.
- Recover lost sales from abandoned carts by sending personalized emails to the customers and engage them to complete the purchase.
BigCommerce Pricing Plan
BigCommerce offers four subscription plans for its new users.
- Standard ($29.95/mo.): All features included help you start selling. Includes the page builder, built-in blog, single page checkout, up to $50,000 online sales per year, and more.
- Plus ($71.95/mo.): This also includes marketing tools to boost your profitability, up to $180,000 per year.
- Pro ($269.96/mo.): This allows you to customize your sale by creating a custom price list per customer group, connecting to unlimited API calls, and more.
By default, all plans include the following features:
- Choose any payment provider without shouldering additional transaction fees and penalties.
- Unlimited products to add, file storage, bandwidth, and staff accounts
- All features included under sales channels and payment processing
Not sure what plan to purchase?
Explore the platform for 15 days free of charge so you can determine which subscription plan is most suitable for your business needs.
BigCommerce vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Online & offline businesses of all sizes, startups, and agencies||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $29.95/month||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: International scalability, 0% transaction fees, POS integrations, & tons of unlimited||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: Customer support via phone directs you to their knowledge base & limited store themes||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try BigCommerce||Try Wix|
7. Wix Alternative: SITE123
Affordable Website Builder For Simple Projects & Small Online Stores [Free | $5.80 a month]
SITE123 makes it simple for everyone to create a website. All you have to do is follow three simple steps.
The first step is by choosing the type of website you wanted to create. Here’s a screenshot of all its website types to give you an idea.
Assuming you’re an online seller, like me, I will choose an online store. The next step is simply adding your business name.
The last step is redirecting you to their main website builder.
It may not look like the traditional site builder but it guarantees ease to use.
Its function is very straightforward – click any detail from the layout and it will show you all the elements you can add to them.
It also has an auto-save function so you can focus more on designing without worrying about potential losses.
To secure a better ranking in search engines, they also include SEO features.
Of course, an online store wouldn’t be completed without a checkout page.
SITE123 accepts online payments via PayPal, Amazon Pay, Stripe, and other available gateway companies.
SITE123 Pricing Plan
SITE123 also reflected the simplicity of their subscription plan.
At $5.80 per month, you can enjoy the following perks:
- 1-year free domain and connect it to your website
- 10GB storage and 5GB bandwidth
- Remove SITE123 floating tag
- Use all eCommerce features
They also offer a free plan which you can take advantage of using to explore the platform.
SITE123 vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Online & offline businesses of all sizes, startups, and agencies||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $5.80/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: Domain name with personalized email, and individual builder built for creating a website||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: No changing of templates once it goes live and lacks design flexibility||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try SITE123||Try Wix|
8. Wix Alternative: GoDaddy
Reliable Website Builder with Built-in Marketing [Free | Starts at $6.99 a month]
GoDaddy is best known for its web hosting and domain registrar services.
But with its team’s dedication to continue developing its platform, they now become one of the top website builders.
Its website builder features an on-point design with auto-saving and action plan functions.
The action plan function works like an AI-powered assistant that provides you with important suggestions. This ensures that you’ll make your website friendly to both users and search engines.
For added convenience, GoDaddy already includes built-in marketing tools to help your site get found in all the right places (marketplaces and social channels).
Other add-ons available for you are listed as follows:
- Online store
- Appointment setup (services)
- Messaging app
- Pop up forms
Wait, there’s more…
GoDaddy understands that there are several methods to create a website. That’s why it allows all its users to create pixel-perfect sites with the help of a web designer or via WordPress.
No matter what you choose, its team can gladly help you in hosting your website and take care of its maintenance and software updates.
Here’s my Wix vs. GoDaddy comparison article in case you’re curious about their main differences.
GoDaddy Pricing Plan
GoDaddy offers four paid subscription plans with a discounted price for new users.
- Basic ($6.99/mo.): This plan allows you to create a secure website and connect it with a custom domain.
- Standard ($10.49/mo.): Complete your new business website with SEO, email, and social media marketing features to boost your visibility and widen your audience reach.
- Premium ($13.99/mo.): If your website or online store requires online booking of appointments, this is the recommended plan to get.
- eCommerce ($17.49): Sell online without limitations is what this plan guarantees.
Whether it is a personal website or a growing eCommerce store, GoDaddy can help you build it. Get the free plan now to get started.
GoDaddy vs Wix At A Glance
|Best for: Individual use, SMB owners, online sellers, & eCommerce store owners||Best for: Entrepreneurs, content creators, web developers, & other online professionals|
|Pricing: Starts at $6.99/month (free plan available)||Pricing: Starts at $4.50/month|
|Best feature: Tons of payment providers and can build WordPress + WooCommerce online store||Best feature: Marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar|
|Cons: Includes basic SEO features, limited themes, & can’t create a multilingual website||Cons: No free subscription plan offered and site pages have a 100-page limit|
|Try GoDaddy||Try Wix|
If I have to choose which of the 7+ Wix alternatives is the best, I’ll go with Squarespace.
It may be a bit more expensive than Wix but there are lots of good reasons behind it.
One good reason is all its subscription plans include one-year free domain registration, unlimited bandwidth, and storage, and you can even add collaborators.
You can also manage, publish, and syndicate podcasts.
Simply record the podcast and you can set it up with ease by adding a blog page with audio blocks.
Lastly, they added a scheduling feature, powered by Acuity, which helps fill in your schedule 24/7. This feature is most beneficial to add if your service requires online bookings and calendars.