Today, I’ll discuss Wix pricing plans and other fees it charges in full detail.
Like any other shopper, I’m always getting a complete look at the product’s cost before making a purchase. So, before purchasing Wix, I spent long hours digging up all its cost coverage and hidden fees.
If you’re considering purchasing Wix, this article is right for you. I’ll break down its free and premium plans, transaction charges, and other fees I’ve discovered here.
Let’s get right to it.
1. Wix’s Pricing At A Glance
Before getting into the deeper details, I’ll first answer the one question that most people ask – how much does Wix really cost?
Wix costs range from free to $35 per month, annually billed. The free offer covers the limited access to their website builder with web hosting (assigned URL); while the premium subscription plans are divided into two categories – websites ($4.50-$24.50/mo.) and business & eCommerce ($17-$35/mo.).
Here’s a quick view of each subscription plan, including the free offer:
There are four subscription plans created for the website plan:
- Connect domain ($4.50/mo.): Get 500 MB storage space and 1 GB bandwidth limit.
- Combo ($8.50/mo.): This plan gives you a 2 GB bandwidth limit, 3 GB storage space, and stream videos with 30 minutes (length).
- Unlimited ($12.50/mo.): On top of the Combo features, you’ll get unlimited bandwidth use, 10 GB storage space, and stream videos with a 1-hour length.
- VIP ($24.50/mo.): Stream up to 5 hours long videos, get 35 GB storage space, create a professional logo in 40 different sizes (social media use), and receive priority customer support.
For the business and eCommerce plan, three subscription plans are created. All come with the standard and eCommerce features that Wix offers.
I’ll highlight a few of them:
- Business Basic ($17/mo.): Get 20 GB storage space, 5 hours’ worth of video to stream, unlimited products to sell, and send automated emails to recover abandoned carts.
- Business unlimited ($25/mo.): Additional 250 products to sell (dropshipping by Modalyst), automate sales tax calculation for 100 transactions per month, and collect 1,000 reviews (KudoBuzz).
- Business VIP ($35/mo.): Enjoy 50 GB storage space, stream videos (unlimited), automate sales tax for 500 transactions per month, unlimited products to sell via Modalyst, and offer a loyalty program (Smile.io).
If you intend to sell tickets on your business website or store, expect a 2.5% service fee on all business and eCommerce plans.
When it comes to the free offer, I’ll share a screenshot of the features you will get:
If you’re not a fan of annual commitment, you can also purchase any paid plans on a monthly or 2-year billing period.
Wix also offers an Enterprise plan. Compared to the premium plans, this plan requires you to call their sales team to get custom pricing based on your business needs.
Wait, there’s more…
Wix also offered a separate plan for its business tools, and they called it the Ascend plan.
Its free plan is automatically built as soon as you sign up to Wix. Here, you can create 5 forms (add 10 fields), 3 campaigns per month, 5,000 email sends per month, 4 videos, and more.
- Basic ($10/mo.): Get started with 5 email campaigns to send per month, add 10 forms with unlimited fields, personalized chatbox, create 5 videos and social posts per month, and more.
- Professional ($24/mo.): This plan allows you to send 20 email campaigns per month, add 20 forms, set up 20 automation, create 10 videos per month, and more.
- Unlimited ($49/mo.): Most of the features included are unlimited. You can also create up to 15 professional videos per month.
2. Are There Any ‘Hidden’ Costs?
Here’s the good news, Wix doesn’t offer bait-and-surcharge pricing. So, rest assured you will only pay for the features presented to you or you’ve agreed upon.
To avoid surprises, it’s helpful to carefully read the fine print, terms of service, and billing policy (whichever is available).
To give you an idea, here are a few other costs that you should watch out for:
- Tax: All Wix pricing rates don’t include the applicable taxes (value-added tax, sales tax, goods and services tax, etc.).
- Subscriptions auto-renewal fee: The auto-renewal fee is the same as the regular price and never changes unless Wix stated otherwise.
- Processing fees: All payments made through Wix Payments include a processing fee. You can refer to the screenshot below to have an idea of how much you need to shoulder.
- Domains: The prices of domains vary on these factors – type of domain extension, local currency, years of ownership, and local tax or VAT laws. No need to worry because all price changes are clearly shown on the checkout page.
- Money-back guarantee: Wix offers a trial period, and for any reason you want to cancel, you must cancel it within 14 days. If you forgot and this is your initial purchase, they can refund it, but add-ons, upgrades, and renewals are not covered.
- Refunds: If you’re residing outside the U.S., the total refund amount may change based on the currency exchange rate or third-party processing costs.
- Minimum amount allowed per transaction: Wix sets a minimum amount for each transaction you make, and this depends on your location.
3. Wix Pricing Example #1
Creative Store for Artists Example
Wix is widely known for being the best all-around website builder. If you have an idea, Wix can help you make it into reality.
Let’s say you’re an artist who wants to sell your printed and digital illustrations online.
If you’re hesitant about what Wix can do for you, you can always start with the Business Basic plan 14-day trial period.
I know what you’re thinking…
Fourteen days isn’t enough to explore and test its entire functions. So, I suggest you invest in one of its billing cycles.
The monthly plan is the best one for test runs. If you later discovered that Wix is the best fit for you, you can upgrade at any time.
Why choose the Business Basic plan?
The answer is simple. It provides you with the right tools to build your online store and earn revenue from your artwork. You can also sell subscriptions for your other media content and merchandise.
Aside from your store, this plan allows you to sell unlimited numbers of products on your social media channels for wider exposure.
Managing a business can consume most of your time. Wix can take care of the tedious tasks by downloading its Art Store app.
This is an all-in-one solution that handles your packaging, shipping, and payment processes. They also create a custom watermark and license to protect your brand and artwork.
This feature is completely free to install and commission-free. So, that’s one less problem to think about.
You don’t also have to worry about domain costs because this subscription plan already includes a 1-year free voucher. Here are the domains that the voucher covers:
Assuming you subscribed to the monthly plan for a year, this will cost you $252.
If you want to receive a discount, it’s recommended to get a longer-term plan. The most recommended to get is its 2-year billing cycle as it can only cost you a total of $186 for the entire year.
4. What Do You Get For Your Money
Here’s an overview of the perks you’ll get when you purchase a specific plan on Wix’s website premiums:
|Connect a custom domain|
|Free domain voucher|
|Remove Wix Ads|
|Site Booster App|
|Visitor Analytics App|
5. Similar-Priced Alternatives To Wix
Wix is a great platform to use, no doubt about that. However, it’s not always the best choice.
If you feel the same and looking for an alternative, here are three of the best alternatives you can get:
Weebly is the best option to get when you’re creating a professional website for your portfolio or small business.
Its website builder was recently upgraded and removed its drag-and-drop environment.
Don’t worry, it’s still easy to use and navigate. You won’t even take too long to get used to its new interface.
The left section is where you can find all the page sections included on your website. It also includes the site design button if you wish to change the color and style of the buttons and the site’s font style.
Everything you select in that section will appear on the right window pane. Do you want to add a section, page, item, or category? You can all access these in the upper section of the website builder.
Weebly also offers seven subscription plans and divides them into two categories. All are payable on monthly and annual billing periods.
For the website category, four pricing plans are available, and those are the following:
- Free plan for basic use
- Connect a domain cost $5/month
- Pro plan is ideal for small groups and organizations; it costs $12/month.
- Business plan cost $25/month and are most suitable for small businesses and online stores.
The last two paid plans automatically include a free domain with a $20 value and Google ads credit worth $100.
The other category is dedicated to building online stores.
- Pro plan costs $12/month
- Business plan costs $25/month
- Business plus plan costs $38/month
This time, only the highest-paid plan comes with an additional email marketing credit worth $96.
Blogging is one of the weak points of Wix. This is where WordPress comes in handy.
This blogging platform provides you with the tools that can help you tell your story as captivatingly as possible.
There are two methods for creating your site:
- Theme Editor: This is the area where you can customize your template’s appearance, such as site identity, homepage settings, and more.
- Page Editor: This is the area where you can edit every web page of your site.
Since the editing process is much more complex, its platform becomes ideal for individuals with web design and coding knowledge/experience.
WordPress offers four subscription plans that are payable in a monthly or annual billing cycle.
I’ve listed down its annual costs because it gives you a big discount.
- Personal plan costs $4/month
- Premium plan costs $8/month
- Business plan costs $25/month
- eCommerce plan cost $45/month
Yes, you read it right. WordPress is also a great platform for starting a small online store.
SITE123 is the best Wix alternative to use for creating simple projects and small business websites.
Its website builder may not feature a sophisticated ADI program and drag-and-drop function, but it remains easy to use.
Simply click the elements you want to edit, and it will display all the settings you can customize.
The website builder comes with an auto-save function, so you don’t need to worry about potential data loss.
Other fantastic features it provides are listed as follows:
- SEO tools
- Custom domains
- eCommerce tools
- Free web hosting
Another great advantage of SITE123 is its simple and flexible pricing plans.
The free plan is ideal for personal use or creating small online projects. In comparison, the premium plan is dedicated to entrepreneurs building an eCommerce store.
Both plans are available with a billing cycle of 3, 12, 24, and 36 months.
6. Who Is Wix Best For?
Wix’s user-friendly environment and all-around web-building tools make it ideal for both beginners and skilled professionals.
Its features are initially intended for creating small business websites. But later developed to create websites for creative individuals such as musicians, artists, and photographers.
7. Conclusion – Wix’s Pricing
Now that everything is clear, you can finally answer the most important question that is bugging your mind – Is Wix worth paying for?
The answer is a simple yes, but only if you get the best plan for your needs.
The combo plan is perfect for you if you want a professional site without Wix ads. But if you’re a freelancer building a creative portfolio, the unlimited plan is the best choice.
If you wish to turn your hobby into a living, then the Business Basic plan is great to start with. It may have limited features, but it gives you sufficient control to scale your business.
8. Wix’s Pricing – FAQ
I’ll end my Wix pricing post by answering four questions that most people popularly search for.
Is Wix really free?
Yes, you can use Wix free of charge. The features and storage capacity may be limited, but they can help you build and host your website (Wix ads/branding included).
How can I get a free premium on Wix?
Register your account and select the premium plan you desire to get. All Wix’s premium plans come with a 14-day trial period.
Can you sell on Wix for free?
No, you can only sell products on Wix when you purchase one of their business and eCommerce plans.
Can you make money from Wix?
Yes, Wix offers an affiliate program that rewards you up to $100 for every sale/conversion you make.
Do you still have questions in mind? Feel free to drop it in the comment section below.