If you are looking for a completely unbiased article on Wix vs. Bluehost, you’ve come to the right place.
I assure you that after you’ve finished reading this, you’ll get to arrive at a firm decision on which one to select.
In this comparison, I’ll guide you on each of their features, pros and cons, what type of business they are best suited for, and many more.
Here is a quick glance at the comparison of what these two platforms have to offer for their most valuable features and their starter pricing plans.
|Best for accessibility. Beginner-friendly interfaces with well-crafted and designed web templates. Starts at $4.50/month.||Best Overall. Multiple useful integrations for hosting and managing with VPS and dedicated servers. Starts at $9.99/month.|
|Try Wix||Try Bluehost|
2. Who Is Wix Best For?
Wix is best suited for sole proprietors and small businesses that value beginner-friendly interfaces and modern minimalistic websites.
Whether you are an artist, musician, photographer, video content producer, eCommerce retailer, restaurant/hotel/cafe owner, graphic designer, etc. you can quickly design awesome-looking sites with Wix.
Their starter plans also offer no advertisement and a good amount of storage.
3. Who Is Bluehost Best For?
Bluehost is best suited for several types of businesses.
Its basic hosting package is targeted at family and personal websites, starting bloggers, students, etc.
Their WooCommerce hosting, on the other hand, is catered for small- and mid-sized eCommerce sites due to their flexible yet cost-effective features.
As for their WordPress hosting service, it is a good fit for high-end online stores and WordPress sites because of its secure and strong performance.
Their virtual private server or VPS is the right match for huge websites that need top performance.
And finally, their dedicated server is for elite sites and has the highest level of standards in terms of features and site tools.
4. A Close Look At The Features Of Wix & Bluehost
Here is a close look at the features that both Wix and Bluehost have to offer.
|Uptime Guaranteed Reliability|
|Get Started||Try Wix||Try Bluehost|
5. Key Features Of Wix
Wix has tons of pro tools and features to craft your website. Here are some of its key features.
#1 Wix Editor
Wix Editor has over 500 professionally designed templates that you can choose from. You’ll be able to use the drag-and-drop builder which enables total design freedom.
Additionally, there is a collection of more than 100 fonts available or you can always upload ones that you prefer to use.
Your site is also mobile-optimized so you can be sure that your designs will look great on any device.
Aside from these personalization options, you can utilize scroll effects, animations, video backgrounds, images, and other advanced design features on your website.
#2 Wix ADI
Another amazing feature of Wix is its Artificial Design Intelligence ADI. What this does is help you build a stunning website instantly.
With the help of artificial intelligence, your website’s design will always be unique. You can include tailor-made content in your site composed of great-looking palettes, themes, texts, and images.
You’ll also be able to access Smart Tips. It’ll guide you through the process by providing helpful tips along the way.
#3 Velo by Wix
The third key feature I’ll share with you is Velo by Wix.
This is an open development platform for creating complex web apps. It boasts effortless coding, serverless computing, and many more.
You can use its intuitive visual builder and more than 100 UI elements without omitting your code’s flexibility.
You’ll also be able to execute scheduled projects, securely run applications through Wix Cloud with serverless Node.js, and install npm packages.
Additionally, Wix Velo allows you to integrate with external data sources and third-party APIs so that you can connect telemetry for your systems.
Additional Wix features
- Wix Stores: No matter what type of eCommerce shop you run, you can manage and scale through Wix Stores. It has many appealing storefront displays and product pages, enables several payment methods, lets you track inventory and orders, sets shipping and tax rules, and many more.
- Wix Bookings: You’ll also be able to book services using your smartphone and computers. It is synced with Google Calendar and has multiple payment options, auto-email reminders, and group and private services such as workshops, classes, appointments, and courses.
- Wix Blog: Managing, creating, and adding writers for your posts is made easy through Wix Blog. You’ll also be able to view comments, write articles, etc. using your mobile device.
- Wix Music: This feature is handy for musicians. You can showcase your playlists, tracks, and albums through a personalized music player. Also, you can sell and share your songs on your website without any commission fee. Statistics on the most downloaded, shared, and purchased songs can also be viewed there.
- Wix Photography: With more than 30 galleries, you can autoplay texts and videos, as well as display your images. There are also tools you can use to modify them. Additionally, you can secure them using a password and a built-in watermark.
- Wix Video: If you have a video channel, you’ll be able to customize, create and manage your content using Wix. You can upload videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and your own computer. You’ll also be able to rent, sell, or offer subscriptions for your channels without a commission fee deduction.
- Wix Events: You can personalize, make, and share device-optimized email invitations on Wix. Also, you can create, edit, and add guest lists, as well as view their corresponding replies. Additionally, you can sell tickets, modify their costs, and integrate payment methods.
- Wix Restaurants: Restaurant owners can benefit from features such as menu customization, online ordering, and reservations available in Wix.
6. Key Features Of Bluehost
Bluehost has many hosting plans that can fit any type and size of business.
#1 WordPress Hosting
Bluehost has been the top hosting recommendation promoted by WordPress since 2005 and for good reason. It offers low-cost hosting plans that include support, tools, products, and resources for its clients.
Their shared WordPress hosting also has the following features: managed WordPress for easy scalability, eCommerce store creation, as well as 24/7 customer support and guidance.
#2 Managed WordPress
Another Bluehost key feature that was also mentioned earlier is fully-managed WordPress. Allow me to elaborate on what this has to offer.
- Daily Site Maintenance: First off, it has a daily server and application maintenance to keep your site smoothly running.
- Marketing Center: It also has a marketing center for the management and monitoring of email traffic channels, social media, SEO, etc.
- Advanced Analytics: Additionally, Bluehost’s managed WordPress lets you view detailed analytics of your traffic per day, week, or year. You can integrate it with Google Analytics as well.
- Enhanced Website Performance: Since all their WP servers were created with SSDs or Solid State Drives, site speed is incredibly fast. They also avoid oversubscribing users on their servers.
- Next-Level Management: They also have multi-layered caching, auto-scalability, multi-tiered security, centralized social media control, etc. for total website management.
- Site Templates: There are also hundreds of free and premium themes you can choose from to suit your business’ brand.
#3 WooCommerce Online Stores
With Bluehost, you can instantly set up a WooCommerce shop. It has the themes, tools, security, and plugins you need to set up your online store.
You’ll also control and monitor your inventory through a centralized dashboard, make coupon codes for promotions and sales, safeguard your site through domain privacy, dedicated IP, and free-of-charge SSL certificate, optimize site speed through multiple caching layers, unmetered bandwidth for scalability without slow loading, as well as a free domain name and Google My Business Verification.
Moreover, it has first-rate customer service since its support team is available 24/7.
Additional Bluehost Features
- Next-Gen VPS Hosting: Additional Bluehost features also include virtual private servers, which were also created utilizing SSD storage, which allows control, flexibility, and power for sites.
- Dedicated Hosting: As for sites that need high performance, dedicated hosting is a feature that Bluehost offers. You’ll gain entire access to an isolated server for the boosted speed.
- Domain Names: It also lets you create your own domain name with .com, .org, .net, .tech, .me, .website, .blog, and .co sites.
- Blue Sky WordPress Experts: You’ll gain long-term friendly assistance from WordPress experts. When you need quick answers, they’ll respond swiftly Monday-Friday via phone, email, and live chat.
- Marketing Services: Bluehost’s professional marketing services include SEO, pay-per-click, site migration, etc.
- Microsoft 365: Get professional email via Microsoft 365, including tools and applications. You’ll also be able to coordinate with users through Microsoft Teams.
7. Wix vs. Bluehost – Pros And Cons
|With Wix, creating a beautiful website is not only easy but also fast. They have tons of theme options and a drag-and-drop builder for simple usage. Their designs are also minimalistic.||You need to be careful with the template you select for your site. You won’t be able to change it later.|
|The interface has tools that are incredibly useful and easy to navigate. Plus, you’ll get guidelines along the way.||If you’re thinking of using the free version, you won’t be able to get rid of the Wix branding on your website.|
|Wix doesn’t let you get stuck with long-term pricing plans. You can also cancel any time you prefer.||Wix sites aren’t transferable so if your business has outgrown its features, you’ll need to recreate it.|
|Wix sites are both fast and secure.||The paid plans are for single websites only.|
|Issues are easily resolved. It doesn’t matter if your site’s problem is on a plugin, widget, etc. All you have to do is get in touch with customer support and it’ll be solved right away.||Wix does not offer unlimited plans.|
|Signing up for hosting plans is very affordable.||The renewal rates can be very pricey.|
|Bluehost is one of the best options for WordPress hosting because of the recently released Bluerock platform, features, and smooth integration with the platform.||Its speed isn’t the best in the industry.|
|There is a 30-day full refund policy that you can use if their service isn’t up to your standards.||Bluehost’s long-term plans can get you locked in their service.|
|It also has solid uptime.||There are no automatic backups that are free of cost.|
|Its security is really good because of secure shell access or SSH and other anti-spam tools.||Their customer support can be slow, usually ranging from 10 minutes to one hour.|
8. Where Do I Get The Most For My Money?
Wix Pricing Plans
Wix has different types of pricing plans for websites and eCommerce plans that you can utilize.
These are the following costs for their website plans:
- VIP: This plan costs $24.50 per month. It has first priority support and includes the following features: custom domain, free domain for a year, Wix ads removal, free SSL certificate, unlimited bandwidth, 35GB storage space, five hours of video time, site booster app, visitor analytics app, professional logo, social media logo files, etc.
- Unlimited: This is the most popular plan priced at $12.50/month. It also has the custom domain, free domain for a year, Wix ads removal, free SSL certificate, site booster app, analytics app, and unlimited bandwidth features. The storage space it has is 10GB and its video hours is only one. Additionally, it includes 24/7 customer care.
- Combo: The Combo plan costs $8.50 per month. It has some of the features that the Unlimited plan has except that it only has 30 minutes of video hours, 3GB storage space, and 2GB bandwidth.
- Connect Domain: This plan’s pricing is $4.50 per month. It has a custom domain and a free SSL certificate. It also has 1GB bandwidth, 500MB storage space, and 24/7 customer care.
As for the business and eCommerce, here are the following plans:
- Business VIP: This plan costs $35 per month including the following features: secure online payments, plans, and recurring payments, customer accounts, custom domain, free domain for a year, Wix ads removal, and unlimited bandwidth. Its storage space is 50GB, has unlimited video hours, customized reports, and priority customer care.
- Business Unlimited: The Business Unlimited plan is priced at $25/month. It has the majority of the features with Business VIP but only has 35GB of storage, 10 hours of video time, and 24/7 customer care.
- Business Basic: This plan is priced at $17 per month. It includes most of the features of the Business Unlimited plan however it only contains 20GB of storage space and five hours of video.
Bluehost Pricing Plans
Bluehost has various pricing for WordPress hosting, managed WordPress, and WooCommerce online stores.
As for WordPress hosting, here are the following plans:
- Basic: If you sign up for this plan, it’ll cost $3.95/month if you pay in advance for 36 months. It auto-renews at a regular rate. Its top features include one website, 50 GB SSD storage, custom themes, 24/7 customer support, free domain for a year, free CDN, and a free SSL certificate.
- Plus: This plan costs $5.95/month when you first signup and pay 36 months in advance. It also auto-renews to the normal rate. It includes unlimited websites, unlimited SSD storage, custom themes, 24/7 customer support, free domain for one year, free CDN, free SSL certificate, and free Office 365 for one month.
- Choice Plus: This one is priced at $6.95 per month if you signup and give an advance payment for 36 months. The fee rolls back to the regular rate after this period. It contains all of the features of the Plus plan plus free domain privacy and free automated backup for one year.
The pricing plan for managed WordPress is as follows:
- Build: The price costs $14.95 per month upon signup and a 36-month advanced payment. It has one WordPress website, best for up to 50,000 visitors on a monthly basis, 20 GB web storage, 200+ global edge servers, free SSL, built-in high availability, staging environment, Jetpack personal, daily scheduled backups, malware detection and removal, domain privacy and protection, and 30 days free trial of Microsoft email.
- Grow: This plan includes the majority of features in the Build plan except that it can accommodate up to 150,000 monthly visitors and 40 GB of web storage. It also has the following unique features: business review tools, Bluehost SEO tools, 10 GB video compression, and Blue Sky Ticket Support. It is priced at $29.95 per month upon signup if you pay 36 months in advance.
- Scale: The Scale plan has the most advanced features of the three. Its pricing is $49.95 per month when paid three years in advance. It contains most of the features in the Grow plan but you can have 500/000 visitors on your site per month and have 80 GB of web storage. Its additional features also include unlimited backups and restore, PayPal integration, unlimited video compression, elastic search, and Blue Sky live support.
As for WooCommerce hosting, Bluehost has two pricing plans. Note that the prices for these plans are only for signing up, after this period passes, the rate rolls back to regular.
- Standard: This plan costs $12.95 per month (36-month advance) upon signing up. Its top features include an online store (website + blog), email marketing, unlimited products, WooCommerce installation, Jetpack free installation, store-front theme, customer products reviews, website traffic analysis, 24/7 customer support, payment processing (one-click install), manual order creation, discount codes, CodeGuard backup basic- one year free and Office 365 – also one-year cost-free.
- Premium: The Premium plan has more customization options compared to the Standard. It’s priced at $24.95/month (for 36-month advance payment) and has all of the features in the Standard plan plus the following: Jetpack Premium, online bookings and appointment scheduling, subscription, product customization, local and country tax management, and free domain + privacy protection.
9. Conclusion – Which Is Better: Wix vs. Bluehost?
If you’re wondering in this Wix vs Bluehost comparison article which one is a better pick, it is on a case-to-case basis.
You have to understand that these two platforms have two different target users in mind.
Wix is for users who want to create stunning websites instantly, without any coding knowledge. It is a perfect option for those who want a portfolio site (musicians, photographers, designers, etc.) and even for small businesses such as hotels, restaurants, and many more.
What makes Bluehost different from it is that it is more flexible. It is capable of hosting WordPress – the most popular website builder. It also has different types of plans for every type of business.
It is worth mentioning that Bluehost is primarily a hosting provider, meaning its focus is on how to run a website, not to design it.
Depending on where your priority is, your choice will vary.
So, what do you think of the two platforms? Which one are you looking to use for your business?
Let me know in the comment section below!