Are you looking to establish your online presence by creating a website? In this Wix vs. GoDaddy comparison, you’ll discover that creating your website can be easy, stress-free, and affordable.
Wix and GoDaddy are two of the go-to website builders in the market. Throughout this article, I will be helping you decide which website builder is the best match for you.
We’ll be going through the key features, pros and cons, pricing, and more to help you reach the best-informed decision you can make to kickstart your website.
Without any more delays, let’s proceed.
- 1. Wix vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
- 2. Who Is Wix Best For?
- 3. Who Is GoDaddy Best For?
- 4. A Close Look At The Features Of Wix and GoDaddy
- 5. Key Features Of Wix
- 6. Key Features Of GoDaddy
- 7. Wix vs. GoDaddy – Pros And Cons
- 8. Where Do I Get The Most For My Money?
- 9. Conclusion – Which Is Better: Wix Or GoDaddy?
- 10. Wix vs. GoDaddy – FAQ
1. Wix vs. GoDaddy At A Glance
There are many website builders out there, and Wix and GoDaddy are two of the leading names. Let’s take a quick look at the comparison between the two on their most valuable features and popular pricing plan.
|Best Overall. Equipped with advanced features for customization while still being easy to use for most. Starts at $17/month.||Best for fast deployment. Functional web builder with an intuitive user interface for first-time website builders. Starts at $9.99/month|
|Try Wix||Try GoDaddy|
2. Who Is Wix Best For?
Wix is perfect for those who want a website that can grow with them and value creative freedom, such as individuals, professionals, creatives, and business owners.
Packed with eCommerce and marketing features, if you ever plan to take a step into the eCommerce world, Wix won’t let you down. And with Wix’s customizability, you can craft your website to the style that fits you or your brand.
3. Who Is GoDaddy Best For?
GoDaddy is best for beginners and those who need to have their website up and running immediately.
GoDaddy comes with all the essential features that you will need when building and managing your website. If what you need is an undemanding site that should be live as soon as possible, GoDaddy can help you with that in minutes.
4. A Close Look At The Features Of Wix and GoDaddy
Let’s take a closer look at the features and tools of both Wix and GoDaddy. What makes one website builder stand out over the other?
|App Market or App Store|
|Email Marketing Tools|
|Get Started||Try Wix||Try GoDaddy|
5. Key Features Of Wix
Wix is one of the leading names when it comes to website building, like Squarespace and Weebly. Let’s have a closer look at some of Wix’s key features and discover if these features suit you.
#1 Wix Editor
Wix Editor gives you access to over 500 professionally designed templates to choose from, ensuring that no matter the purpose, there will be a template that will fit you.
Wix’s drag-and-drop builder gives you total design freedom so you can craft your website precisely the way you want it to be.
All Wix-made sites are mobile optimized so that you can be sure that your website looks stunning no matter the device.
Wix has over 100 fonts available for use, or you can upload the fonts that suit your preference.
With Wix, you also gain access to Wix’s app market. The Wix app market allows you to find powerful web apps to help manage and grow your website.
Equipped with advanced design features, you can give your site life with animations, video backgrounds, and scroll effects such as parallax, reveal, zoom-in, or fade-in scrolling. You can also add media galleries to showcase your images, videos, and text in a beautiful gallery layout.
Wix also helps your website rank high on search engines with its industry-leading SEO, where you have your personalized SEO plan to follow.
#2 Wix ADI
One of Wix’s impressive features is its Artificial Design Intelligence of ADI. Wix ADI helps you build a unique website instantly.
Artificial intelligence will help you build a one-of-a-kind website design that’s also mobile-friendly and SEO-friendly. You can add tailor-made content to your site with custom colors, palettes, themes, images, and texts.
You’ll have instant access to smart tips. With this, you’ll have a guide that gives valuable advice and will help you with the process along the way.
#3 Website Management
Managing a website is not always easy, but with these Wix professional web features, Wix will help manage your website easily all in one place.
These are some of the professional web features Wix has in store for your website:
- Personalized Domain Name – Wix gives you a professional look with a custom domain name or by connecting an already existing one.
- Professional Mailbox – You can have your personalized email that matches your website domain and brand.
- Free Hosting – Wix takes care of web hosting to guarantee that your site is safe and secure.
- Analytics – This feature lets you track your site’s performance and stats to get an insight into how well your website is doing.
- Contact Management – You can collect subscribers and manage your contacts all in one organized place.
- Member Login – You can make password-protected pages that only trusted members could access.
- Wix Chat – Provide support for your visitors when they need help with a live chat.
- Social Tools – You can connect all your social media accounts in one place with personalized icons.
- SSL Certified – Your website will be safe and secured as Wix makes sure that your site is an SSL Certified site by providing you with SSL Certificates.
#4 Ecommerce and Business Solutions
More than just a website builder, Wix Stores will help you step into the world of eCommerce with its eCommerce solution that can rival Squarespace and Shopify.
With Wix Stores, you get to showcase and sell your physical or digital goods in a stunning online store and display your products and available inventory with a beautiful layout. You can track orders and manage inventory using your desktop or mobile.
You can accept multiple payment methods, such as credit cards, PayPal, offline payments, and more. You can also boost your sales by offering your customers some coupons and discounts.
Moreover, you can do worldwide shipping, and set customized tax and shipping rules for each destination.
Aside from physical and digital products, you can also offer your services with Wix Bookings.
With Wix Bookings, you get the following:
- 24/7 Bookings – Your customers can book your services anytime, anywhere they are with their desktop and mobile devices.
- Google Calendar Sync – You can sync your Wix Bookings with your Google Calendar so you can stay organized.
- Get Paid Online – Your customers can send you secure online payments or deposits.
- Private and Group Services – You can offer classes, appointments, courses, and workshops with your website.
- Auto- Email Reminders – By sending automatic email reminders to your clients, you can lessen no-shows.
- Wix Mobile App – You can accept bookings and manage your business anytime, anywhere, right from your mobile device.
Create, share content, and engage with your audience by creating a blog with Wix.
With Wix Blog, you’ll have access to the following:
- Blog Management – You can create and edit beautiful blog posts, manage comments, and share your content on social media.
- Great Mobile Experience – Using the Wix Mobile App, you can write posts, view comments and manage your blog wherever you may be.
- Add Multiple Writers – Growing your blog is possible by adding contributing writers who can write and manage posts.
Let people hear your music with Wix Music. With Wix Music, you get a fully-customizable music player that can showcase your albums, tracks, and playlists.
You can also enable your fans to listen, share and buy your music right from your site.
Additionally, with the advanced stats, you can get an insight into which are the most played, shared, purchased, and downloaded songs.
Show the world your beautifully captured photos with Wix Photography. Wix Photography lets you showcase your images, autoplay videos, and text in over 30+ galleries.
You also get access to image quality tools to help set your photos’ image quality and sharpness. You can also protect your photos and images with a built-in watermark and password.
Let people see the amazing scenes you have captured on video with Wix Video. Wix Video lets you showcase your stunning videos by allowing you to create, manage, and customize your own branded video channel.
Uploading videos with Wix Video is easy, as you can add videos from anywhere, be it your computer, Youtube, Facebook or Vimeo. You can also use Wix Video to promote, sell, rent, or offer a monthly subscription to your video channels.
Showcase your spectacular events with Wix Events. Wix Events lets you make, customize, and share stunning email invites that look amazing on every device.
You can also manage the guest list by keeping track of RSVPs, editing their details, viewing their replies, and adding new guests. Set your price, connect payment methods, and sell tickets directly on your website.
Take your restaurant online with Wix Restaurants. Wix Restaurants lets you create and customize your restaurant’s menu with prices and images.
Offer online ordering to your customers, and accept delivery or pickup orders directly on your website. Enable customers to book a table online and receive an automatic confirmation email.
#5 Wix’ SEO and Marketing Solutions
Drive traffic to your website, grow your audience, boost engagement, and discover how your visitors behave on your site with these professional tools.
Wix provides you with the following professional tools:
- Personalized SEO Plan – Wix gives you a personalized checklist you can follow to get your site ranked high on search engines like Google.
- SEO Analytics – You can track your progress and your competitors’ performance, allowing you to make decisions that will improve your Google ranking.
- Beautiful Email Marketing – You wouldn’t need a separate email marketing software, as you can send and share beautiful email marketing campaigns with your client base using Wix.
- Visitor Analytics – See how your site traffic is going and how your visitors behave.
- Social Tools – You can grow your social following by keeping your site content fresh.
- Get Subscribers – Allow your visitors to subscribe easily to your mailing list and stay updated.
6. Key Features Of GoDaddy
GoDaddy is known as one of the best web hosting services, but aside from web hosting, GoDaddy also offers website building as well just like Bluehost and Siteground.
#1 GoDaddy’s Website Editor
GoDaddy has a straightforward website builder that lets you create a website quickly. It has uncomplicated and organized editing tools with 20+ theme filters that you can customize. You can also customize the fonts, colors, and buttons and add needed details instantly.
GoDaddy has a click-and-drag reorder that lets you quickly move a section from one position to another. Your GoDaddy website is also mobile-responsive and fully optimized for all devices for rapid page-load performance, so no matter what device you’re using, your GoDaddy website remains stunning.
GoDaddy makes sure that your site runs smoothly and pages load quickly with fast and reliable hosting. GoDaddy keeps your site secure with SSL Certificates and automatically creates a backup of your site.
#2 GoDaddy E-Store
If you ever decide to branch out to eCommerce, GoDaddy’s E-Store won’t disappoint you. You create an online store with powerful selling tools and flexible shipping and payment options.
With GoDaddy’s professionally designed and fully-customizable templates, you can get your online store up and running in no time. You can sell your products, digital downloads, and services.
GoDaddy lets you securely accept 40+ payment methods from your customers’ preferred methods, including major credit cards, Stripe, PayPal, 2checkout, iPay88, and more.
You can stand out from the competition by launching a multilingual online store made possible by GoDaddy, allowing you to establish a global online presence.
Equipped with SEO tools, GoDaddy auto-optimizes your site to rank on Google, allowing you to sell more by having customers find and engage with your business easily.
GoDaddy E-Store easily lists your products on Facebook while keeping your inventory in sync. Integration with social media tools allows you to attract customers to the social media sites they use the most.
Some of the other features that come with GoDaddy’s E-store are:
- Online Product Catalog – You can showcase and sell up to 2,500 different products.
- Coupons – You can reward your customers and increase sales by offering them special discounts and coupons.
- Global Shipping and Currency – GoDaddy supports multiple currencies, real-time shipping quotes, and more.
- Inventory Management – GoDaddy’s inventory management tools help run your online store more efficiently by tracking purchases across all your marketplaces.
#3 Marketing Tools and Solutions
GoDaddy got you covered with its built-in marketing features to help you reach and grow your audience.
Here are some of GoDaddy’s marketing features:
- Search Engine Optimization – GoDaddy’s SEO improves your site’s ranking on search engines such as Google and Bing.
- Email Marketing – Convert your visitors into customers by sending them personalized emails.
- Sync with Facebook – You can link your business’s or company’s Facebook page with GoDaddy’s Website Builder.
- Instagram Connect – You can manage your posts and track your performance right on your GoDaddy dashboard.
- Google My Business -GoDaddy helps place your company on Google Search and Maps.
- Social Media Post Creation – You can create and design beautiful social media posts that will stand out using Over by GoDaddy.
- Review Widget – GoDaddy lets you display business reviews from Google or Facebook on your website.
#4 Blogging with GoDaddy
Blogging with GoDaddy lets you create and share posts that will boost your engagement with your audience.
Let’s take a look at the blogging features that GoDaddy has to offer:
- Basic Image Editing – Easily tweak and edit images for your blog.
- Customize Layouts – Design and adjust the layout and look of your blog to your preference.
- Categories – Sort out your content into categories and link them to relevant pages on your website.
- Blog Commenting – Interact with your audience and customers by letting them comment on your blog.
- Email Updates – Keep your readers in the loop with timely email updates.
- Bring Your Own Blog (BYOB) – If you already have an existing blog on another platform, you can easily link it to GoDaddy.
#5 Web Analytics
Get insights on how your website is performing with GoDaddy’s Web Analytics.
With GoDaddy’s Web Analytics, you’ll be able to get information on your website’s performance regarding traffic, interactions, and more. This information is essential in making informed decisions that will bring your website and business to the next level.
Let’s find out GoDaddy’s web analytics features:
- Track Your Search Ranking – Keep track of your Google search ranking position and get suggestions on how to improve it.
- Facebook Insights – You can see your recent likes, views, posts, and more.
- Monitor Online Comments – You can manage and keep track of your Google and Facebook comments in one place.
- Track Email Campaigns – Check the progress of your email campaigns.
- Action Plans – Receive non-stop recommendations on the following steps to take for a better online presence.
- GoDaddy InSight™ Score – Find out how your site and online marketing measure against similar businesses.
- Data-Driven Recommendations – Receive industry-specific advice from data gathered from 1 million+ GoDaddy customers.
7. Wix vs. GoDaddy – Pros And Cons
Here we’ll see Wix’s pros and cons to help us see if it’s right for you
|Simple and straightforward editor||Possible additional cost on third-party apps|
|App Market||Pricier starter plan|
|Automatic creation of website backup||Once the site is live, you can’t switch your website template to a completely new one.|
Let’s take a closer look at GoDaddy’s pros and cons to decide if it fits your needs.
|Have a website live in a matter of minutes||Less creative freedom|
|Easy to use||No app market|
|Affordable pricing plans|
8. Where Do I Get The Most For My Money?
Between Wix and GoDaddy, where do you get the bang for your buck?
Here you’ll learn about the pricing plans available for Wix and GoDaddy.
Wix Pricing Plans
Wix has an entirely free plan but comes at the expense of having Wix advertisements on your website and a ‘wixsite’ on your domain name. Wix offers different premium pricing plans for websites and eCommerce.
These are Wix’s pricing for their website plans:
- Connect Domain ($4.50/month) – This is Wix’s lowest premium plan. This plan displays Wix ads and comes with a custom domain, free SSL certificate, 1GB Bandwidth, 500MB Storage, and 24/7 Customer Care.
- Combo ($8.50/month) – This plan has no Wix ads and comes with a custom domain, free domain for one year, free SSL certificate, 2GB bandwidth, 3GB storage, 30 minutes of video hours, and 24/7 Customer Care.
- Unlimited ($12.50/month) – This plan is Wix’s most popular website plan. This plan includes all the Combo Plan features and unlimited bandwidth, 10GB storage, 1 hour video hours, Site Booster App, and Visitor Analytics App, both free for one year.
- VIP ($24.50/month) – This plan includes all Unlimited Plan features, except it has 35GB storage, 5 hours of video hours, professional logo, and social media logo files.
Wix’s business and eCommerce plan are great for those whose primary focus is to create an online store. This plan comes in 3 pricing options:
- Business Basic ($17/month) – This is the basic plan. The plan includes secure online payments, free domain for a year, unlimited products and bandwidth, 20GB storage, 5 hours of video, abandoned cart recovery, and 24/7 customer care. You can enjoy all these without Wix Ads displaying.
- Business Unlimited ($25/month) -This is the most popular plan and includes all the Business Basic inclusions. It offers 35 GB storage, 10 hours of video, subscriptions, multiple currencies, automated sales tax for the first 100 transactions per month, dropshipping for up to 250 products, and 1000 product reviews.
- Business VIP ($35/month) – This plan includes all features of the Business Unlimited plan except that it offers 50 GB storage, unlimited hours of video, customized reports, automated sales tax for the first 500 transactions per month, dropshipping unlimited products, 3000 product reviews, and a loyalty program.
GoDaddy Pricing Plans
Just like Wix, GoDaddy has different pricing for websites and eCommerce sites.
These are GoDaddy’s website plans, and all come with a 1-month free trial, website security(SSL), custom domain connection, on-the-go editing, 24/7 support, guidance, and analytics. These are the three options:
- Basic ($9.99/mo.) – This plan is the lowest and includes managing one social media platform, five social posts and responses per month, 100 email marketing sends per month, and branded content creator.
- Standard ($14.99/mo.) – This plan has all the features of the Basic Plan with the addition of SEO, manage three social media platforms, 20 social posts and responses per month, and 500 email marketing sends per month/
- Premium ($19.99/mo.) – This plan has all the Standard Plan features except for managing unlimited social media platforms, unlimited social posts and responses per month, and 25,000 email marketing sends per month.
These are the pricing plans for GoDaddy’s E-Store. All plans come with a secure website, advanced design mode, mobile-friendly site, sell on social media, guidance and analytics, click-to-contact, social marketing, coupons, and WhatsApp integration.
These are the three options:
- Free 30-day Trial – This plan is a 30-day free trial. The inclusion of the trial is a 100-product store.
- Starter ($14.99/month) – This plan includes all the trial features, except it has unlimited pages and categories, sell around 100MB of e-goods, remarketing with Google Analytics, open table, Google Calendar integration, and restaurant menu import.
- Premium ($19.99/month) – This plan includes all the Starter Plan features except it has a 2,500-Product Store, sell around 1GB of e-goods, and Google Shopping Feeds.
9. Conclusion – Which Is Better: Wix Or GoDaddy?
We’re finally at the end of the article, and it’s time to give the verdict.
If you’re an individual, creative, professional, or business owner who’s looking to build a website that can scale with you, and you value creative freedom regarding the design of your website, Wix is an all-around website building platform that is the best for you. Wix’s powerful and advanced features and tools can cater to any website’s needs.
If you’re a beginner who does not care much about creative freedom when designing a website and is looking to have a website up and running quickly, GoDaddy is a fast and easy website builder that will suit you perfectly. GoDaddy’s quick website building setup still contains the essential tools and features you will look for in a website builder.
10. Wix vs. GoDaddy – FAQ
Google for the given search term and list 4 of the most common related questions and provide a quick and to-the-point answer.
What’s better, Wix or GoDaddy?
Wix is a more powerful builder than GoDaddy since it offers better features and scalable plans. GoDaddy is a bit limited when it comes to features and customization.
Can I use Wix with GoDaddy?
Wix allows you to use and connect existing domains when setting up your website, meaning that you can connect your GoDaddy domain with your Wix website.
Does Wix take a percentage of sales?
Wix Payments is free to use and does not charge any transaction fees on its payment methods.
Does Wix give you a domain?
All Wix premium plans come with a free custom domain. However, when you create a free Wix site, your URL comes in the format of username.wixsite.com/siteaddress.