Are you in search of the best WordPress alternatives for building your online presence?
If yes, then you’re in the perfect place.
I’ve already tried and tested a couple of website builders—WordPress included—and I know how difficult it can be to work with some times. To address this, I searched for possible alternatives that can give me more or less the same features and performance like it.
Come and read as I share the 7+ website builder alternatives that I found. Discover which of them is the best one for you.
1. WordPress Alternative: Squarespace
All-In-One Website Building Platform For Content Creators & Entrepreneurs [Starts at $16 a month]
Without a doubt, Squarespace is one of the best WordPress alternatives.
Let me tell you why.
It comes with powerful creative tools that let you create stunning and professional-looking websites. Its eCommerce solutions are one of the best as well.
Here’s a glimpse at some of what it offers and what you can do:
- A drag-and-drop design website builder for easy customization.
- Sell products, digital content, services, and subscriptions
- Easy-to-use inventory management system interface
- Email marketing tools
“If you’re a creative such as a photographer, graphic artist, or musician, you’ll find that Squarespace’s powerful creative tools will suit your needs. Squarespace prides itself in helping you create stunning websites that will perfectly showcase your works.”-Burkhard Berger
How Does Squarespace Compare To WordPress?
|Best For||Small businesses, eCommerce stores, artists’ portfolios, & blogs||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $16/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||Website builder can syndicate podcasts, modern pre-built templates available, & tons of advanced eCommerce tools||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||Reliable 24/7 email support, live chat support operates only during weekdays, & added support via Twitter (@SquarespaceHelp)||Toll-free phone number, one-on-one concierge support via QuickStart Sessions (scheduled), live chat, forums, & help center|
|Cons||No offered subscription plans for multi-sites, doesn’t support back-order function, & steep learning curve for beginners||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||8.8 / 10||8.7 / 10|
Note: For WordPress’s free plan, you’ll get 3GB storage space, pre-installed SSL certificate, jetpack essential features, & dozens of free themes available.
Squarespace Pricing Plan
Squarespace comes with four (4) pricing options. You can choose to pay annually or monthly, but paying annually lets you save up to 30%.
Want to know more about each plan? Here:
- Personal ($12/month if annual, $16/month if monthly): This plan includes only the core features, such as SSL security, unlimited bandwidth, and storage, SEO features, two (2) contributors, 24/7 customer support, etc., and does not include the eCommerce feature.
- Business ($18/month if annual, $26/month if monthly): This plan includes all personal features, unlimited contributors, premium integrations and blocks, professional email from google, and fully integrated eCommerce. There is a 3% transaction fee on sales in the business plan.
- Basic Commerce ($26/month if annual, $30/month if monthly): In this plan, you’ll get all Business features plus No Commerce Transaction Fees, Checkout on Your Domain, and Customer Accounts.
- Advanced Commerce ($40/month if annual, $54/month if monthly): This plan comes with all the features of the Basic Commerce plan with the addition of Abandoned Cart Recovery, Gift Cards, and Sell Subscriptions.
Are you thinking of trying out its features? You can do so by availing of its 14-day free trial.
2. WordPress Alternative: Wix
Known & Trusted Website Builder For Entrepreneurs [Free | $4.50 a month]
Another excellent WordPress alternative is Wix.
It’s one of the most prominent players in the industry, hosting nearly 160 million websites. It lets you build your website even without the technical know-how.
Let’s have a look at some of its features:
- Wix Editor: An easy-to-use drag-and-drop builder and WYSIWYG—What You See Is What You Get—editor lets you see the changes you make in real-time.
- Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence): An AI made to design unique websites for you.
- Wix App Market: This contains more than 300 popular web apps and extensions that you can add to your website.
This is but a glimpse of its features.
“I personally love using Wix. As someone with little to no coding expertise, using it to build a beautiful website according to my preference is no trouble at all.”-Burkhard Berger
How Does Wix Compare To WordPress?
|Best For||Entrepreneurs, content creators, artists, web developers, & other online professionals||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $4.50/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||Full-scale in-house marketing services, drag-and-drop website builder, & domain name registrar||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||Callback service & support ticket takes long hours or days to receive a response; most assistance provided comes from its help center||Toll-free phone number, one-on-one concierge support via QuickStart Sessions (scheduled), live chat, forums, & help center|
|Cons||No free subscription plan offered, site pages have a 100-page limit (blog page not counted), & all paid plans are solely for one site only.||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||9.1 / 10||8.7 / 10|
Wix Pricing Plan
Wix does offer an entirely free plan at the expense of having Wix ads on your website and a ‘wixsite’ attached to your domain name.
There are four (4) premium pricing options for the website plans. Let’s have a look:
- Connect Domain ($4.50/month): This plan displays Wix ads and comes with a custom domain, free SSL certificate, 1GB Bandwidth, 500MB Storage, and 24/7 Customer Care.
- Combo ($8.50/month): This plan has no Wix ads and comes with a custom domain, free domain for one year, free SSL certificate, 2GB bandwidth, 3GB storage, 30 minutes video hours, and 24/7 Customer Care.
- Unlimited ($12.50/month): In this plan, you’ll get all the Combo Plan features and unlimited bandwidth, 10GB storage, 1 hour video hours, Site Booster App, and Visitor Analytics App, both free for one year.
- VIP ($24.50/month): This plan comes with all Unlimited Plan features, plus 35 GB storage, 5 hours video hours, professional logo, and social media logo files.
Business and eCommerce plans:
There are three (3) pricing options for its business and eCommerce plans. Here’s the breakdown:
- Business Basic ($17/month): The plan includes secure online payments, free domain for a year, unlimited products and bandwidth, 20GB storage, 5 hours of video, abandoned cart recovery, and 24/7 customer care. You can enjoy all these without Wix Ads displaying.
- Business Unlimited ($25/month): You’ll get all Business Basic features in this plan. It offers 35 GB storage, 10 hours of video, subscriptions, multiple currencies, automated sales tax for the first 100 transactions per month, dropshipping for up to 250 products, and 1000 product reviews.
- Business VIP ($35/month): This plan comes with all the Business Unlimited plan features. Additionally, it offers 50 GB storage, unlimited hours of video, customized reports, automated sales tax for the first 500 transactions per month, dropshipping unlimited products, 3000 product reviews, and a loyalty program.
Want to have a taste of its features?
Go ahead and try their free plan. Then, upgrade to one of its paid plans if you need more of its advanced features.
3. WordPress Alternative: Weebly
Simple Website Builder For Small Businesses & eCommerce [Free | Starts at $5 a month]
Are you looking for a reliable but straightforward website builder as your WordPress alternative?
You’ll get that with Weebly.
It’s a website builder that comes with all the essential features you’ll need for setting up your website at an affordable price. Let’s see some of what it offers:
- A drag-and-drop builder that needs no technical expertise
- A slideshow maker and photo gallery that lets you showcase your photos and images
- A complete eCommerce solutions
- An extensive collection of third-party apps in its App Center
- No frill and no-hassle blogging
How Does Weebly Compare To WordPress?
|Best For||Blog, eCommerce store, & service website for small business owners and creative professionals||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $5/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||Free domain with $20 value, Google ads credit worth $100, domain name search & registration, & inventory tools||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||Live customer care is available daily during business hours via email, live chat, and phone (the last two are only available for U.S. customers).||Toll-free phone number, one-on-one concierge support via QuickStart Sessions (scheduled), live chat, forums, & help center|
|Cons||No included Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) feature, automatic restore option, & limited customization flexibility||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||8.8 / 10||8.7 / 10|
Weebly Pricing Plan
For Online Stores
Weebly offers plans for websites and online stores. But, first, let’s take a look at the breakdown:
- Free ($0.00): This free plan includes Free SSL Security, 500MB Storage, Domain with Weebly Branding, SEO, Lead Capture and Contact Forms, Community Forum, Chat & Email Support. This plan does not include eCommerce features.
- Connect ($5.00/month): In this plan, you’ll get the same features as the free plan except that you can connect a custom domain.
- Pro ($12.00/month): This plan includes Free SSL Security, Unlimited Storage, Connect a Custom Domain, No Weebly Ads, Site Search, SEO, Lead Capture, Advanced Site Stats, Community Forum, Chat & Email Support, and Phone Support. The eCommerce features included are Shopping Cart, Accept Payments through Square, and 3rd party providers.
- Business ($25.00/month): This plan comes with all features from the Pro plan with Pop-up Notifications, Advanced eCommerce Statistics, and more eCommerce features such as Item Badges, Inventory Management, Automatic Tax Calculator, Shipping Calculator, Item Reviews, and more.
- Business Plus ($38.00/month): With this plan, you’ll have all of the Business Plan features with the addition of the eCommerce features Abandoned Cart Email and Real-time Shipping and Email Marketing valued at $96.
Are you intrigued whether Weebly’s features fit your needs? Then, go and give their free plan a try and discover for yourself.
4. WordPress Alternative: Gator Website Builder
Intuitive Website Builder For Small & Medium-Sized Businesses [Starts at $3.84 a month]
Are you searching for an intuitive website builder?
Look no further. HostGator’s Gator website builder got you covered.
It may be simple, but it packs a powerful page and website builder. It’s powered by an AI that helps you quickly get your fantastic website up and running.
But that’s not all.
There’s even an extensive list of customizable templates you can choose from. You can also add your logo or make one yourself with its LogoMaker.
How Does Gator Website Builder Compare To WordPress?
|Features||Gator Website Builder||WordPress|
|Best For||Bloggers, marketers, content creators, SMB owners, & anyone who wants to build an eCommerce store||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $3.84/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||Intuitive & straightforward site builder and subscription plans include generous extras||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||Responsive customer support team through live chat (one to two minutes waiting time), phone, and Twitter|
|Cons||Templates come with basic designs||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||8.7 / 10||8.7 / 10|
Gator Website Builder Pricing Plan
HostGator offers three (3) highly affordable subscription plans. Let’s take a peek:
- Express Start ($3.84/mo.): You’ll have a 3-email campaign limit per month and add three (3) products to your store in this plan.
- Express Site ($5.99/mo.): In this plan, you’ll get a 5-email campaign limit per month, add ten (10) products to your store, access to appointment bookings, and priority support.
- Express Store ($9.22/mo.): This plan gives you a 10-email campaign limit per month, lets you add unlimited products, and has no transaction fees charged on every sale.
Get any of these plans and have full access to the intelligent builder, a free domain, hosting, and SSL certificates.
5. WordPress Alternative: GoDaddy
Reliable Website Builder With Built-In Marketing [Free | Starts at $9.99 a month]
Do you want a trusted web hosting service provider with a built-in website builder?
Let me tell you about GoDaddy.
Best known for its web hosting and domain registration services, GoDaddy took another step further by providing an excellent website builder.
Here’s a preview of what you can expect from it:
- Comes with an auto-save feature
- An action plan function like an AI-powered assistant ensures that your website is user-friendly and SEO-friendly
- Built-in marketing tools
How Does GoDaddy Compare To WordPress?
|Best For||Individual use, SMB owners, online sellers, & eCommerce store owners||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $9.99/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||Tons of payment provider options and can build WordPress + WooCommerce online store||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||24/7 phone and chat support, community, and help center|
|Cons||Includes basic SEO features, limited themes, & can’t create a multilingual website||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||8.8 / 10||8.7 / 10|
GoDaddy Pricing Plan
GoDaddy has four (4) paid subscription plans. Annual discounts are available on new purchases only.
- Basic (Sale: $6.99/mo.; Regular Price: $9.99/mo.): This plan also includes social media and email marketing tools.
- Standard (Sale: $10.49/mo.; Regular Price: $14.99/mo.): In this plan, you’ll get all Basic plan features with an additional built-in website optimizer (SEO).
- Premium (Sale: $13.99/mo.; Regular Price: $19.99/mo.): With this plan, you can manage unlimited numbers of social media platforms, send unlimited responses to customers, and compose/send up to 25,000 email marketing campaigns.
- eCommerce (Sale: $17.49/mo.; Regular Price: $24.99/mo.): This plan comes with all the features available in the Premium plan with additional eCommerce tools
Are you looking to build your online presence? You can start with GoDaddy’s free plan and just upgrade to a paid plan when you need more features.
6. WordPress Alternative: Shopify
All-In-One eCommerce Platform For New & Growing Businesses [Starts at $29 a month]
Are you looking for a WordPress alternative to build your online store?
Shopify is the answer.
It’s one of the most popular eCommerce platforms that lets you build and design your online store. With features built to support businesses of all sizes, you won’t have problems even if you’re just starting.
Let’s take a sneak peek at some of its features:
- Storefront builder with over 70 customizable free and premium professional eCommerce themes
- Shopping cart and eCommerce solutions
- User-friendly store and inventory management system
- Marketing tools and more
How Does Shopify Compare To WordPress?
|Best For||Solopreneurs & online sellers with up to 2 retail stores (new & experienced)||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $29/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||Shopping cart solutions, domain search & registration, & web-based website builder with full-featured CMS & blog||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||24/7 support available by email, live chat, and phone (unreliable at times), self-service help through its help center, & seek expert’s advice through its discussion forum|
|Cons||Additional transaction fees for using an external payment gateway, advanced report builder is available at the highest plan, & multi-currency selling is accessible to Shopify Payments user only||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||8.9 / 10||8.7 / 10|
Shopify Pricing Plan
Shopify offers three monthly plans based on the features you would need for your online store.
- Basic Shopify ($29/mo.): This plan includes an online store, unlimited products, two staff accounts, sales channels, free SSL certificate, 24/7 support, abandoned cart recovery, 2.0% transaction fee, etc.
- Shopify ($79/mo.): This plan comes with an online store, unlimited products, five staff accounts, 24/7 support, sales channels, free SSL certificate, abandoned cart recovery, 1.0% transaction fees, professional reports, etc.
- Advanced Shopify ($299/mo): This plan includes all Shopify features, including an advanced report builder, third-party calculated shipping rates, and only a 0.5% transaction fee.
Are you thinking of setting up your online store? Do it with Shopify’s basic plan for an easy and worry-free setup.
7. WordPress Alternative: BigCommerce
Most Trusted eCommerce Platform For Growing & Established Businesses [Starts at $29.95 a month]
Are you an established business looking for a trusted eCommerce platform?
BigCommerce is perfect for you.
Along with Shopify, it’s also one of the household names when it comes to eCommerce platforms. Here are some of its features:
- An intuitive page builder with a drag-and-drop function
- POS functionality for seamless synchronization of both physical and online store
- Easy-to-use inventory management
- Marketing tools and solutions
How Does BigCommerce Compare To WordPress?
|Best For||Online & offline businesses of all sizes (rapidly growing)||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $29.95/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||International scalability, 0% transaction fees, POS integrations, & tons of unlimited||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||24/7 support team via phone or email and full access to their knowledge base and community|
|Cons||Customer support via phone primarily directs you to their knowledge base & limited store themes||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||8.7 / 10||8.7 / 10|
BigCommerce Pricing Plan
BigCommerce comes with four plans to choose from:
- Standard ($29.95/month): This plan’s features include selling up to $50k Annually, no transaction fees, unlimited staff account, 24/7 support, integrations with leading payment gateways, single-page checkout, marketplace, and social integrations, integrations with leading POS providers, free sitewide HTTPS and SSL, mobile, and more.
- Plus ($79.95/month): This is the most popular package. It includes everything in the Standard feature, except that it offers that you can sell up to $180k annually, Customer groups and segmentation, abandoned cart saver, persistent cart, and stored credit cards.
- Pro ($299.95/month): In this plan, you’ll get everything in the Plus plan. Additionally, you can sell up to $400k annually, faceted search or product filtering, and custom SSL.
- Enterprise (Custom Pricing): You have to reach out to the sales team for a quote for this plan. Some of the features included in this plan are price lists, unlimited API calls, no selling GMV limits annually, express routing and priority support, and more.
Are you looking to move your business online?
You can do it without the hassle if you use BigCommerce. Get started with the standard plan.
8. WordPress Alternative: SITE123
Affordable Website Builder For Simple Projects & Small Online Stores [Free | $5.80 a month]
Are you looking for a WordPress alternative that’s as easy as 123 to use?
SITE123 gives you just that.
With it, all you need to do is follow three simple steps:
- Choose the type of website you want to make.
- Add your business name.
- Start building your website with their easy-to-use website builder.
Its website builder comes with:
- Auto-save function
- SEO features
- Checkout pages
- Integration with payment processors like PayPal, Amazon Pay, and Stripe.
How Does SITE123 Compare To WordPress?
|Best For||Personal use, simple projects or online portfolios, & small online stores||Bloggers, freelancers, creative professionals, entrepreneurs with small business or eCommerce stores|
|Price||Starts at $5.80/month||Starts at $4/month|
|Best Feature||Domain name with personalized email and individual builder built for creating a website, eCommerce store, blog, and forum||Wide range of sophisticated themes, unique plugins, simple website builder, & blogging tools|
|Customer Service||24/7 customer support via chat (responsive), support center, and email|
|Cons||No changing of templates once it goes live and lacks design flexibility||Website builder may require coding to achieve full customization|
|Overall Score||8.0 / 10||8.7 / 10|
SITE123 Pricing Plan
SITE123 offers two pricing plans, one free and one premium.
- Free ($0/month): This plan comes with 250 MB storage and bandwidth and subdomain.
- Premium ($5.80): In this plan, you’ll get the one (1) year free domain, 10GB storage, 5GB bandwidth, removal of SITE123 floating tag, and e-Commerce features.
Want to find out if SITE123 is just what you need? Give their free plan a try and find out.
These 7+ website and online store builders are all excellent WordPress alternatives, but I’d pick Wix if I were to choose the best.
Let me explain why.
As seen in our comparisons above, Wix scored the highest compared to the other alternatives, even higher than WordPress. Although it cannot compare to the extreme flexibility and customizability that WordPress offers, its features are excellent and powerful in their own right.
But it doesn’t stop there.
To use it, you don’t need to have any technical or coding knowledge at all, unlike WordPress. So even a beginner can quickly figure out how to use it on their own.
Hosting nearly 160 million websites is a testament to how trustworthy and excellent its offerings are. So if you’re planning to switch from WordPress, I’d recommend that you choose Wix and be a part of the 160 million.